cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying promo code to account

Anya48
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have been a Public Mobile customer for several months now though just signed up for the community today. I received a private message with a promo code for $10 - is there somewhere I can go in self-serve to apply this promo code, or do I need to contact a moderator for assistance? Thanks in advance!

14 REPLIES 14

Anya48

This is the content of the message, in case it helps:

"Welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy Public Mobile!

Make sure to take advantage of the $10.00 one time credit Promo code when you activate your account. If no one has given you a referral code for the promo code use this one ******.

Please note it takes 72 hrs for the code to apply.

If you already registered do not worry you can still use this referral code contact the Moderators directly through this link, ask for them to apply the promo code to your account:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Then Public Mobile will open a ticket and apply the referral code to your account.

Have a great day if you ever have questions feel free to post on the forum or click the question mark in the bottom right corner!"

Anya48

This is the content of the message:

"Welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy Public Mobile!

Make sure to take advantage of the $10.00 one time credit Promo code when you activate your account. 

Please note it takes 72 hrs for the code to apply.

If you already registered do not worry you can still use this referral code contact the Moderators directly through this link, ask for them to apply the promo code to your account:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Then Public Mobile will open a ticket and apply the referral code to your account.

Have a great day if you ever have questions feel free to post on the forum or click the question mark in the bottom right corner!"

Not sure what to think...

edited by computergeek541: referral code removed

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Im not sure why anyone would create a PM community acct if they dont have a PM cell service or ever plan on getting it. I think most people will activiate their sim card, and then within a few days create a communiity acct. The promo code should be enetered when you activate the sim card

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mpcdesign wrote:

@Anonymous, I thought if you wanted to create a community profile, one has to have a Public Mobile account? i.e. ported over to Public Mobile? Or one doesn't need to have a Public Mobile account? 

No you do not. You just need to enter your email address to create a community acccount.

This is the proper way to give referral codes on public mobile forums.

Person asks question. You answer. (Or the person posts asking for a referral) In this case it was a question.

Screenshot_20200523_174105.jpg

Person replies asking for a referral code.

Screenshot_20200523_174136.jpg

You send them a referral code (although the person replies back to me saying he received multiple PMs with codes. Who knows if he will use mine or someone else's. I'll only know if I get a text from PM stating so. Person did say they'd use mine as I helped them with their question. If I do or I don't it does not matter. What matters is the new potential customer recieved the help they needed)

Once you PM them your code..reply back to the thread.

Screenshot_20200523_174205.jpg

Stay safe everyone 🙂

@Anonymous, I thought if you wanted to create a community profile, one has to have a Public Mobile account? i.e. ported over to Public Mobile? Or one doesn't need to have a Public Mobile account? 

I joined here last summer. About a month ago or so I posted a question regarding porting a global sim number. I received one of these unsolicited offers to save $10 on activation but they went a step further, they offered to send me a referral link to a great cash back credit card where we would both benefit from me signing up using their link lol. All because they couldn't be bothered to hover over my name and see that I have been here over 8 months and have lots of posts. I did report it to the mods who responded quickly with thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It IS simply an unsolicited offering. People watch the new usernames and fire off invites to use their referral code.

I had created a community account for another of my accounts to enter the draws. (hey it's in my spouses name...it's a real person 🙂 ). Shortly after I received an unsolicited offer.

They fish for whether the new user has activated yet and if they say no then they give their code.

So there you go...that's how you do it. I think it's shady. They probably think it's helpful. Hey the new username gets 10 bucks. But they get the dollar. For all the successful solicitations.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Anya48, when you say 'private message,' are you referring to somebody in the community sent you a private message and you received it here in the community

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 2.17.18 PM.png

From my understanding that is fine. I don't bother with this, because it's too spammy for my liking.

If you received a text from someone on your phone, then that's spammy, and that should be reported. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anya48 wrote:

Hello,

I have been a Public Mobile customer for several months now though just signed up for the community today. I received a private message with a promo code for $10 - is there somewhere I can go in self-serve to apply this promo code, or do I need to contact a moderator for assistance? Thanks in advance!

The private message your received may be a spam message people sent to you hoping for you to use his/her referral code.  Since you activated your plan a few months ago, it may be too late to get the referral $10 credit.

You can post the message here without the code and personal info.  We will review it.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Anya48  report them. The mentioned code is a umsolicited referral code.  We all have one. The rule is you only semd them when asked. Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's been a long time I guess

You could tell them you forgot about it and never got it in

Are you talking about the referral code

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Anya48 Can you please let us know who send you the code. It seems like someone sent you an unsolicited referral request. We need to report this as much as possible to stop unsolicited referral requests. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Usually you would give the code to a friend or family member when they setup a new account.

Need Help? Let's chat.