cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward not applied

Willy56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

i just checked my bank account and i noticed that $28 has been deducted by public mobile.  I am registered for auto payment.. and I believe I should get a discount for that.  Please help, thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Alexo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Drat, that's what happens when several family members use the same computer and don't log out from the other person's account.  Sorry about that, we really should be more careful.

@MaayanO wrote:

I am talking specifically about the $15 plan.  With the old system, $2 for autopay, $1/year loyalty reward, and a handful of referrals can get you to half price easily.

@MaayanO  - yes.  Um, are you also having an issue with Autopay on the old rewards system? Old rewards still are eligible for the $2 autopay rewards.

Or are you also another member that posted in this thread?

MaayanO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am talking specifically about the $15 plan.  With the old system, $2 for autopay, $1/year loyalty reward, and a handful of referrals can get you to half price easily.

@hTideGnowWell yes sure ok...when you pay for things out of the account (however money got there) is the amount of the 5% of points. So pay for the renewal = 5%. Buy an add-on it's cost = 5%. I should have made that clearer.

@dust2dust wrote:

@Alexo  Certainly not. But autopay does give you the 5% for points. This is only better for $40 plans or more. The other difference is that the points aren't dollars off your plan cost each renewal. You earn points and then redeem them.

HI @dust2dust   But you get 5% points even without Autopay enabled, right?

@Alexo  Certainly not. But autopay does give you the 5% for points. This is only better for $40 plans or more. The other difference is that the points aren't dollars off your plan cost each renewal. You earn points and then redeem them.

@Alexo wrote:

So there is no incentive for those on the "new rewards system" to set up autopay?

Frankly, I find the new system much worse than the old one.

HI @Alexo  Not from the rewards.   BUT, you need Autopay for extra 500Mb data (unless you are on the $15, which you get 250Mb regardless)

Alexo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So there is no incentive for those on the "new rewards system" to set up autopay?

Frankly, I find the new system much worse than the old one.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you are on the 25 plan and with tax it would come to 28.25 in Ontario anyways but around that 28 in most places in Canada. Also sounds like you are on the new plan, so you will get 1.25 points if you pay the 25 in full and can those points to redeem for various things.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Willy56  if you activated after January 25, 2022 then you are automatically on the NEW Public Points system. Sorry, this rewards system does not honour the Autopay $2 reward.

Public Points:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Rewards

But, if you were a customer before then, and did not opt in to the new rewards system, and you are registered for Autopay, then contact CSA to check into this.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you signed up after late January then you would not get the $2 deduction. If you signed up before then did you possibly use the lost/stolen function recently?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Willy56  When did you join PM ?  New subscribers joined after Jan 25 will be on the new rewards system Public Points.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, they will get 5% back in Public Points.  Accumulate enough to 15 points, you can redeem for $15 bill credit

Need Help? Let's chat.