cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset/Change Voice Mail System Greeting (not personal greeting)

wave713
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Please note that this question has been posted previously by another user, but there appears to be no answer for it.  So I am posting it here again.

I recently changed my personal voice mail greeting.  During this change process, I came across the "Default System Greeting".  I probably recorded this "Default System Greeting" when I first set up my account.

I tried for a good 5 minutes, following through the How-To guide for changing voice mail greeting posted in the community.  However, I could NOT find a menu-selection set to change my "Default System Greeting".

Does anyone know how to do this?

Please also note that:

I am able to create a personal greeting, activate this personal greeting and "override" the system greeting.  Activating my desired personal greeting is not my challenge.  Rather it is the resetting/changing my default system greeting.

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Excellent.  Thank you

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Once you're into your voicemail menu, there's two "Paths":

From the Main Menu:

• 3: Manage Greetings, 4 Delete a Personal Greeting

and optionally:

• 4: Personal Options, 4 Personal Preferences, 3 recorded name, 3 Delete name

If you delete your personal greeting, the "Default" greeting will use your your recorded name.

If you go further to delete your recorded name as well, the default greeting will just say the phone number.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar please help @wave713 out. Thanks. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@wave713 hi are you trying to reset your regular voicemail greeting?

dial your voicemail and hit option 4,4 then 3 and you can delete your greeting(name) in that menu and it will go back to the default saying your phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.