cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating SIM failure message

Slawek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I joined PM a couple of weeks ago.  My phone worked fine for a week and, coincidentally after getting an iOS update, started to display SIM failure message.  Removing SIM card and putting it back fixes the problem but only for a day or two and I have to do it again.  I am now testing this card in my old android phone, and after a day no failure.  Several people mentioned on reddit same SIM failure after iOS update.  Has anyone experienced this problem while using iPhone with Public Mobile?  Is there anything I could try before requesting a replacement SIM card? I would like to keep the eSIM option open to be available for when I travel.

4 REPLIES 4

HI @Slawek 

what if you put someone else sim card into the phone?

same error?

Slawek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think it could be my phone, i.e., the hardware.  My wife is using a newer model of iPhone with Public Mobile as well.  Her phone got the same update with no issues.  I will try to clean the SIM slot and see what happens but first have to find out how to do it properly.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Slawek  do you have another SIM card you can test to make sure it's not your device itself?

Try gentlely cleaning the SIM slot and the SIM card . You can pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a tissue paper and wipe. 

@Slawek wrote:

I joined PM a couple of weeks ago.  My phone worked fine for a week and, coincidentally after getting an iOS update, started to display SIM failure message.  Removing SIM card and putting it back fixes the problem but only for a day or two and I have to do it again.  I am now testing this card in my old android phone, and after a day no failure.  Several people mentioned on reddit same SIM failure after iOS update.  Has anyone experienced this problem while using iPhone with Public Mobile?  Is there anything I could try before requesting a replacement SIM card? I would like to keep the eSIM option open to be available for when I travel.

Since others are reporting that this only happens after the iOS update, I see this as potentially being a software issue.  I do not believe that replacing the SIM card would fix this.  You can certainly try, but SIM cards very rarely fail.

Need Help? Let's chat.