cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing plan earlier

Cellexcite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to renew my plan early for the purposes of data. Can a mod please assist with early plan renewal?

4 REPLIES 4

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Cellexcite wrote:

I am trying to renew my plan early for the purposes of data. Can a mod please assist with early plan renewal?

Assuming that you are on an in-market plan:

- "Plan & Add-ons"

- "Change plan"

- choose a different plan by clicking the yellow arrows up and down

- "Change plan on renewal date"

- confirm "yes, change plan on renewal date"

- now that that different plan shows as pre-selected plan for renewal, your current plan is available in the plan selection,

- choose your plan

- "change plan now"

- confirm "change plan now"

- "skip to payment

- use payment option of choice

If you are on a grandfathered plan you need to contact the CSA through the chatbot. 

(I'm sure that has been posted long before I'm able to hit send on this post - I am a slow typer, sorry.)

Oh, and if you are on a grandfathered plan: have a look at the current offerings: $40/15GB and $45/20GB are as good as it gets these days on prepaid, IMHO.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Cellexcite 

you'll be given the choice to Change Plan on Renewal OR Change Plan Now.

The others have given ramifications of either.

planupgrade.jpg

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cellexcite - note that when you renew early you will lose out on the funds already paid in your current cycle, no prorating.

To renew your same plan early contact CSA.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes they can, @Cellexcite 

Bear in mind, you'll lose out on whatever is remaining on your prior cycle as there's no refunds for partial service remaining on it nor is there any proration on the plan change.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type uCustomer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.