cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Confirmation Text

Tawny
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

About 5 months ago, the renewal reminder text stopped being sent to me. It used to be sent 2 days before renewal.

Now it also seems the renewal confirmation text is no longer sent out. It used to be sent at 9am PST on renewal day. My account renewed a couple days ago, but I didn't get a text saying so. It's not a big deal, but I did like receiving this text, as it kept me clear on my renewal dates.

9 REPLIES 9

Tawny

@dabr 

Yeah, I'm not waiting for them to bring the texts back. Have to take things into my own hands now.

I'm actually surprised that they still send out that account was renewed successfully SMS

I didn't receive this "confirmation" text for my most recent renewal. I think they've been discontinued too 😞

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tawny    TBH, I wouldn't hold my breath that PM will bring back the heads up payment SMS sent to customers previously.  I'm actually surprised that they still send out that account was renewed successfully SMS (thankfully) but it's still a mystery as to why the payment due reminder has been discontinued for whatever reason.

@Tawny wrote:

@LitlLdy 

I like the idea of setting reminders for all bills. I'll try it 🙂 I normally just keep the due dates in my head, but I'm realizing now that that adds to my stress, lol.

@Tawny ,

just to be on the safe side. That way it is less for you to remember 🙂. I stress enough as it is! Every little bit helps.

I find I have learned more on here from other Customers than I have from any where else!

Tawny

@LitlLdy 

I like the idea of setting reminders for all bills. I'll try it 🙂 I normally just keep the due dates in my head, but I'm realizing now that that adds to my stress, lol.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Tawny wrote:

About 5 months ago, the renewal reminder text stopped being sent to me. It used to be sent 2 days before renewal.

Now it also seems the renewal confirmation text is no longer sent out. It used to be sent at 9am PST on renewal day. My account renewed a couple days ago, but I didn't get a text saying so. It's not a big deal, but I did like receiving this text, as it kept me clear on my renewal dates.

@Tawny , I haven’t reviewed text reminders from Public Mobile in several months but I always have the reminders setup on my phone’s calendar to remind me with popups on my screen of all my upcoming bill payment due dates 1 week in advance & remind me again in 2 days for all my bills! That way I can pay on my bills in plenty of time. Otherwise I can’t remember! I never rely on autopay to work.

Edit: For my typos!

Tawny

@hairbag1 

@hTideGnow 

@softech 

Thanks guys. I'm thankful that autopay has always worked for me. With sometimes seeing people report "autopay failures," the texts gave me peace of mind that everything was running smoothly. Now, I suppose I'll be more proactive ... set a 30 day recurring reminder, and manually add funds a couple days before renewal day.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tawny 

i didn't get mine either

I think it is time to  setup a recurring   reminder yourself.   But if you going ahead with that, make sure you set it every 30 days, not monthly

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Tawny   I don't get mine either for couple months

But some changes coming in PM, will see if the text will come back

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Tawny 

we all agree. Hopefully it comes back, but who knows.

Best way to avoid problems is to have a valid credit card set to Autopay your renewals.

Need Help? Let's chat.