cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remained credit after porting number

loanita
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Could you tell me what gonna happen to the remained credit with my old carrier after I port my number to PM? will it be transferred to PM?

Thank you,

11 REPLIES 11

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If the account is a TELUS prepaid account then you can transfer your remaining funds to any other prepaid TELUS account. I transfered my remaining funds to a colleague at work who has a TELUS prepaid account. Otherwise you lose all the funds in the account after you port out. So, transfer the funds BEFORE your port out! 

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@powerg21 wrote:

If the account is a TELUS prepaid account then you can transfer your remaining funds to any other prepaid TELUS account. I transfered my remaining funds to a colleague at work who has a TELUS prepaid account. Otherwise you lose all the funds in the account after you port out. So, transfer the funds BEFORE your port out! 

Correct but there was some qualifications of must having at least or maintaining a $50 balance.  I lost all my funds with Telus prepaid when I ported our numbers to PM. But am actually further ahead with PM. I did contact Telus after the port as my account still showed....but could not see any details like my balance. I asked them to close it but was advised they keep it available for 2 weeks in case you change your mind. Would have been better for Telus if they would have emailed or texted me of that. 

PS. I would suggest if you have a prepaid balance to wind it down and/or sign up for PM before Christmas (for the promos) or with one of their other great promos. 

Edit: They still show!! Months later!!! But cannot manage them or see any info. 

2A37850A-4307-4847-BA9A-7DF631C74572.jpeg