cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remained credit after porting number

loanita
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Could you tell me what gonna happen to the remained credit with my old carrier after I port my number to PM? will it be transferred to PM?

Thank you,

11 REPLIES 11

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@powerg21 wrote:

If the account is a TELUS prepaid account then you can transfer your remaining funds to any other prepaid TELUS account. I transfered my remaining funds to a colleague at work who has a TELUS prepaid account. Otherwise you lose all the funds in the account after you port out. So, transfer the funds BEFORE your port out! 

Correct but there was some qualifications of must having at least or maintaining a $50 balance.  I lost all my funds with Telus prepaid when I ported our numbers to PM. But am actually further ahead with PM. I did contact Telus after the port as my account still showed....but could not see any details like my balance. I asked them to close it but was advised they keep it available for 2 weeks in case you change your mind. Would have been better for Telus if they would have emailed or texted me of that. 

PS. I would suggest if you have a prepaid balance to wind it down and/or sign up for PM before Christmas (for the promos) or with one of their other great promos. 

Edit: They still show!! Months later!!! But cannot manage them or see any info. 

2A37850A-4307-4847-BA9A-7DF631C74572.jpeg

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If the account is a TELUS prepaid account then you can transfer your remaining funds to any other prepaid TELUS account. I transfered my remaining funds to a colleague at work who has a TELUS prepaid account. Otherwise you lose all the funds in the account after you port out. So, transfer the funds BEFORE your port out! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector 

That is great solution to get a tablet plan to use the fund in prepaid account.  If you have a dual SIM phone, you can have both PM and Telus plans on the go 

Thanks for choosing my response as the solution @loanita . Glad that we could help you . Have a great week. 

I had run my wife's TELUS prepaid down to $50 remaiming when I ported it to Public Mobile. We have a TELUS Pay as you Go Tablet plan that they allowed the surplus $50 to go on its account but only by having them set things up properly before I ported the prepaid phone out. As I recall they converted the prepaid to the least expensive monthly plan which is easy to have prepaid funds transfer to as it is an upgrade. Both the phone and tablet had to be in the same account. Then I ported the phone out leaving the $50 behind to cover the tablet bills.

When I ported my TELUS postbpaid phone to PM I was emailed three or four weeks later asking how I would like to receive my $8 refund for unused service.

AE_Collector

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@loanita  if you did not port your number, so your sim is still active. And call and find out that you will lose your funds that you paid in advance, and will not get a refund. Then you could use text to donate  from your old provider SIM. You will have be able to claim your receipts for 2020 tax year purposes.  For a list go to  https://www.canadahelps.org/en/ . Please note this only applies if you were on a plan like Rogers prepaid pay $100 per year for unlimited texting. And you left mid year etc.. Just do your research and find one that's applicable to you.

@loanita wrote:

Hello,

Could you tell me what gonna happen to the remained credit with my old carrier after I port my number to PM? will it be transferred to PM?

Thank you,

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@loanita wrote:

Hello,

Thank you,

@loanita You will lose it. Talk to your previous provider and ask for refund.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@loanita wrote:

Hello,

Thank you,

It depends if your previous provider was a prepaid or post paid service?  If prepaid you will most likely lose the credits.  If it is post paid you should have a pro-rated final bill.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@loanita wrote:

Hello,

Thank you,

@loanita  If you had a prepaid plan with your previous carrier then you will lose it. If it was postpaid then as previously mentioned best to call them and ask. But you will not be able to transfer the credit to Public Mobile that is for sure.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

In most cases I think you will lose it.  

I had a friend with telus prepaid ad they had racked up $150 in credits (not sure how)  but porting would mean losing the credits.  

if you are on postpaid and have a blance that will be used towards your final statement.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@loanita wrote:

Hello,

Thank you,

No it will not be transferred. I don't think any carrier would. You would need to talk to your current provider about your credits with them.

Need Help? Let's chat.