cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimbursement of surplus on Koodo bill after switching to PM

bradley_b
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to PM from Koodo. I ported my number and wanted to check that my Koodo account was closed and so i signed in to their <self serve> area where my monthly bill would be. It shows that I owe $-33 (they have a surplus of 33 bucks). If I remember correctly my first bill was bigger and i paid for two months up front. So maybe the $33 is the unused portion of August. I'm not really sure.

But has anyone else switched from Koodo and seen a surplus of money on your closed Koodo account?

Did you get money back from them?

How did you go about doing it?

9 REPLIES 9

bradley_b
So, the check finally arrived. I had to call them back. After my first call they mailed me two statements saying I owed them negative money so I called them back and it arrived a couple weeks after that.
So, not automatically returned
But two phone calls and a couple months and I got it.

JMCD
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had something similar with Fido. I got a cheque in the mail about 6 weeks later for my "overpaid" amount. You may have to call in to check the status of it though.

Don't be surprised if it is zero. I am pretty sure Koodo credits/rewards are not refunded. In particular their autopay credit can build up if not used manually periodically. Same deal at PM by the way. 

Postpaid account usually do have a prepayment of the next month so should be refunded. Postpaid are really a combination of prepaying the plan fees a month ahead plus any usage fees during the month.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bradley_b

Just a quick update... I called Koodo today and i do actually have a credit. Once this billing cycle is finished they will figure out how much they owe me and send me a check. It sounds like it could be less -- like maybe they have some fees they can squeeze out of it, but it also sounds like a pretty automated process and potentially even if i hadn't contacted them they would have processed a check and sent it to me. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bradley_b and @THEAVS welcome to Public Mobility!  We hope you love it here!

After you get an answer from Koodo, could you please give us an update here?  This may be of interest to others wanting to port from Koodo, and could be helpful.  My suspicion is that if you were on a post-paid Koodo plan, you might be able to get a refund, but if you were a prepaid Koodo customer, you likely will not get any back.  But this is just a semi-educated guess.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

THEAVS

I'm actually in the same situation, just switched from Koodo. I have -$3 in my account as well. Will have to give them a call.

bradley_b
Yeah, i will give them a call.
I wanted to see if it was common for koodo to have a surplus, and have a public record of it for anyone else who switches from them to PM -- its not something i would have thought about, maybe it will remind someone else to check their account too 🙂

THEAVS

That would be something to contact Koodo about, Public Mobile wouldnt have access to the Koodo account.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @bradley_b!

Welcome to PM and the community! 

I know of a slightly different experience with a friend.  She had referral credit of around $60 in her Koodo account at the time of transferring to a corporate plan.  That money was gone forever.  

However, yours is actually a balance that you paid.  Koodo are known to have excellent phone reps... worth calling them to see if they can give a refund. 

Need Help? Let's chat.