cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding monthly payment

betbet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I topped up my account with $35 on July 24 and purchased 10MB with $10. My plan was $30 and I changed it to $35 plan. I paid $39.55 by credit card on July 24. When I checked my account balance today, it is $0. My question is what cost me $25? 

30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please go ahead and delete this post too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@betbet wrote:

THANK YOU all for your effort! I still don't get it though. will try not to change the plan. LOL 

Have a good night!

No you're good. You're on the $35 plan as you wanted. Those middle column numbers add up to your total plan cost. 10+25=35.

Edit: I still wonder what charges have hit your credit card and what you meant by $54.55 earlier.

@betbet wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@betbet  Not sure what $25 you are referring to?

On the 24th you topped your account with $35 (cc $39.55) and on the 26th you purchased a $10 addon. Your balance is $25 plus $2 AutoPay brings you balanced to$27. On the 26th you did an immediate plan change to the $35 plan. So $27 from your balance plus another $8 (cc $9.04) fron your cc yo cover your plan change. Current balance is $0.

Where is the problem?

I purchased data on 24th. that's why my balance was $25. and I made payment for the new plan on 24th. It could be because I didn't change my plan in the right time so I got charged double.

@betbet Yes by selecting the immediate plan change on the 26th you lost the funds that you had made to fund your previous plan.

The only thing that you can do is to message PM explain that you made a mistake with the plan change and ask if they will give you a credit.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

betbet

THANK YOU all for your effort! I still don't get it though. will try not to change the plan. LOL 

Have a good night!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@betbet wrote:

Nope. All good. You did a proper plan change for your renewal.

You last renewed on Jun 26 for the $30 plan. You future-dated a plan change to the $35 plan after that. (Jul 24th?) Then on Jul 24 you manually deposited $35 into your account. On the same day you used $10 of that balance to buy some data. Then on Jul 26 your normal renewal happened and it added in your autopay reward and then still had to get to $35 for the new plan and so took $8 from your credit card. Then did the rest of the plan renewal using the $35.

It's just weird the way the system shows the numbers for plans in that middle column.

Edit: weird but normal

betbet

@geopublic wrote:

On the 24th you topped your account with $35 (cc $39.55) and on the 26th you purchased a $10 addon. Your balance is $25 plus $2 AutoPay brings you balanced to$27. On the 26th you did an immediate plan change to the $35 plan. So $27 from your balance plus another $8 (cc $9.04) fron your cc yo cover your plan change. Current balance is $0.

Where is the problem?

I purchased data on 24th. that's why my balance was $25. and I made payment for the new plan on 24th. It could be because I didn't change my plan in the right time so I got charged double.

betbet

@geopublic wrote:

Where is the problem?

I paid full amount for the new plan on 24th $39.55. Why I still got charged $25 from my Publicmobile account on 26th?

betbet

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.49.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.50.03 AM.png

Where is the problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@betbet wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@betbet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

I topped up my account with $35 on July 24 and purchased 10MB with $10. My plan was $30 and I changed it to $35 plan. I paid $39.55 by credit card on July 24. When I checked my account balance today, it is $0. My question is what cost me $25? 

Yeah there's a few mis-understanding oddities in there. As above.

Right? It looks like a double payment to me. My account balance should be $25.

@betbet  The $39.55 payment is the $35 plus tax topup that you made. If your account balance is $0 then I'm guessing the $35 was used to cover the plan change. Are you sure you purchased the add-on? Does it show up in your account?

Edit; The above reply was posted before I saw your screenshot. So on the 26th you got charged another $8 plus tax to cover your addon. Check your cc statement there should be another charge for $9.04. Everything looks normal.

ya, there is $9.04 on statement. I still don't get it. I topped my account with $35 and paid for the new plan with $39.55. Deducted $10 for 200 MB data, I paid $54.55 for the new plan. And what's $9.04 for? 

Got that 2nd page of your payment history yet? And verify what has hit your credit card?

Where are you getting 54.55 from?

Please review my break down of your first payment history from earlier.

betbet

@geopublic wrote:

@betbet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

@betbet  The $39.55 payment is the $35 plus tax topup that you made. If your account balance is $0 then I'm guessing the $35 was used to cover the plan change. Are you sure you purchased the add-on? Does it show up in your account?

Edit; The above reply was posted before I saw your screenshot. So on the 26th you got charged another $8 plus tax to cover your addon. Check your cc statement there should be another charge for $9.04. Everything looks normal.

ya, there is $9.04 on statement. I still don't get it. I topped my account with $35 and paid for the new plan with $39.55. Deducted $10 for 200 MB data, I paid $54.55 for the new plan. And what's $9.04 for? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@betbet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

Can you post a screen shot of your Payment history? It should tell you line by line what was credited and debitted from your account.

I don't see a problem. Maybe a previous page? Did you manually pay in the $35? Then you bought some data. Then your plan renewed. You got your 2 bucks for autopay. Then it needed an additional $8 to get to $35 and renewed your $35 plan.

Ya, the bill looks ok. I should pay $35. but I paid by credit card for this plan on 24th and it activated on 26th. Why did I get charged $25 on 26th again? 

How about we look at it this way. What charges have hit your credit card?

I would venture to say the $35 and the $8. (plus taxes of course). You might be confused with how the system shows the plans. That column is the breakdown of how your plan looks internally.

The bill is a bit confusing. but this plan did cost me $39 (after tax) and $25 (account balance) in total. 

Then please provide another page of your payment history.

And verify what charges actually hit your credit card.

@AnonymousThat could be it too.. I always wonder why they break things down in the payment and not bother to match it or mention it anywhere else in the documentation.

betbet

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

Can you post a screen shot of your Payment history? It should tell you line by line what was credited and debitted from your account.

I don't see a problem. Maybe a previous page? Did you manually pay in the $35? Then you bought some data. Then your plan renewed. You got your 2 bucks for autopay. Then it needed an additional $8 to get to $35 and renewed your $35 plan.

Ya, the bill looks ok. I should pay $35. but I paid by credit card for this plan on 24th and it activated on 26th. Why did I get charged $25 on 26th again? 

I would venture to say the $35 and the $8. (plus taxes of course). You might be confused with how the system shows the plans. That column is the breakdown of how your plan looks internally.

The bill is a bit confusing. but this plan did cost me $39 (after tax) and $25 (account balance) in total. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GinYVR wrote:

@betbetWhen you change your plan there are two buttons you can pick. Change Now or Change on Renewal Date.. to maximize your $ the latter is better, since Public Mobile doesn't prorate plans. However there are circumstances you want to change now: eg
1. you ran out of data and need to upgrade (it resets the renewal date to "Now").. 

2. you want to downgrade to a cheaper plan (a quirk of the system: downgrading + autorenewal does not go together well).

In your case, I suspect you picked the first (left) option... hence got charger $35 right away.

I think it's all a misunderstanding of the columns in the payment history.

@betbetWhen you change your plan there are two buttons you can pick. Change Now or Change on Renewal Date.. to maximize your $ the latter is better, since Public Mobile doesn't prorate plans. However there are circumstances you want to change now: eg
1. you ran out of data and need to upgrade (it resets the renewal date to "Now").. 

2. you want to downgrade to a cheaper plan (a quirk of the system: downgrading + autorenewal do not go together well).

In your case, I suspect you picked the first (left) option... hence got charged $35 on the 26th. So now your renewal date is now the 26th from now on (until you decide to change your plan mid plan again).

Yes it is not a mobile first design..

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 10.25.49 PM.png

@betbet wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@betbetYou got charged $35 ($15 + $20) because you elected to change the plan immediately vs changing it at the next renewal date.

That's what I never got it. So when is the right time to change a plan? I get charged every 26th

@betbet When changing plan best to choose the option to take effect on next renewal and not immediate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@betbet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

betbet

@GinYVR wrote:

@betbetYou got charged $35 ($15 + $20) because you elected to change the plan immediately vs changing it at the next renewal date.

That's what I never got it. So when is the right time to change a plan? I get charged every 26th

@betbetYou got charged $35 ($15 + $20) because you elected to change the plan immediately vs changing it at the next renewal date. Public Mobile doesn't prorate.. when you choose to change the plan immediately, they charge immediately a new plan. So in your profile your renewal date should now be the 26th.. can you confirm that?

betbet

@geopublic wrote:

@betbet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

$10 is for 200mb as shown on the screenshot

betbet

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.07.32 AM.png

@betbetIt looks like you changed your plan and you got charged for it.. were you expecting to change the plan at the next renewal cycle or now (then?).. if it is "Now".. you automatically get charged at that moment and you forfeit the balance of your $30 plan that is left until your renewal date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@betbet wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@betbet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

betbet

@GinYVR wrote:

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 1.31.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.07.32 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@betbet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

Show us your payment history and we'll help decipher it.

betbet

@Anonymous wrote:

@betbet wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@betbet wrote:

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 1.31.35 PM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.