cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds

Jefflin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I upgraded my phone to 4G since Dec.8/2022. However, the signals of phone, and data when I uses it to call or use it for internet is still shown 3G. As far as the speed is concerned related to items above I don’t think anything is improving at all. So I request for a partial refund from the payments charged to me for the last two months. Please also change and correct to 4G as I originally uploaded from 3G. Thank you kindly!

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jefflin 

Yes technically the terms of service says no refunds. But pm will refund or credit your account when you have not recieved a service you have prepaid for if they are at fault. If for some reason your data speed did not unthrottle from 3mbps after 48 hours of your scheduled plan change starting at noon eastern on the first day of your new 30 day cycle then you can ask for a partial credit to be applied to your account balance. However your replies indicate that your issue is caused by a device setting with your network mode. In this case pm would not be at fault. Once you can confirm you have it set to 4G LTE you can perform a speed test to determine the data speed you are recieving. Be advised a speed test can use 400+ mb depending on the data speed. A speed test performed with throttled "3G" speed data (3mbps) will typically use between 30mb to 40mb.

@Jefflin  We are just customers like you trying to help you can try and talk to support , you say you did not upgrade plan and it did automatically? . If so I’m wondering if maybe you replied YES to a promotional offer that was being sent out by text  even if that’s the case I’m afraid no refund as that’s no pm fault … however here’s the link try your luck 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Jefflin

Ok

Jefflin

It’s not fair with no refund due to your fault for PM not correctly upgraded and set up my phone to 4G on Dec. 8/2022.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jefflin  Definitely try what other have already mentioned and as far as refunds go pm is prepaid service and there’s is no refunds typically , but in the event you are ever owed a refund you would need support to get it resolved 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Jefflin if signal shows 3G, it should like you still have the network set to 3G on your phone.  Check your phone's network setting.  You should choose Automatic or 4G or LTE, for sure not  3G

and what kind of phone you have? we can check if it is compatibility 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jefflin 

Under your device's network connections, is it set to "Auto"?

If not, it may be set manually to 3G.   Try to revert those settings to "Auto" settings and see if the device connects to the LTE/4G option.

If not, try to manually select JUST the 4G/LTE settings in that menu.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jefflin 

After upgrade, did you reboot your phone by completely powering off then back on?

Try that.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Check to make sure your network selection includes 4G/LTE if your phone has it. Maybe you had manually set it to 3G/UMTS/WCDMA for testing purposes.

Adding - what make and model phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.