cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Eve0106
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I never activated my account and public mobile still charged me. How do I get a refund. 

9 REPLIES 9

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

There seems to be a lot of information here that is missing and could have been asked.

For example.

Did you at any point try signing up with Public Mobile and something happened during the sign up that failed and you just gave up and never finished the process?

You found a Public Mobile charge on your credit card or bank account and you don't deal with Public Mobile? 

More information would help us better to send you in the correct direction for assistance. 

@Eve0106 

use this link to ask a CSA to close your account and remove your credit card info. You can ask if they might refund, but I dunno if they will.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Why not consider trying PM out for 30 days as you've already paid.

HI @Eve0106 

you said you never activated in the beginning and now you said you don't want to continue, it is different

you can login to My Account and go to Payment, Manage Subscription to disable Subscribed.  

But PM is prepaid and no refund, so just make sure you stop it for futher payment

Eve0106

Thank you! I’ll try contacting the chat! 

Eve0106

Thank you for our i response. No one in my family uses PM so this is weird…. I’ll try to contact my bank! 

Eve0106

Thank you for replying! I do not want to continue with PM, which is why I would like to deactivate my account too. But whenever I try to open my account details, “forbidden AI” error code comes up.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Eve0106 

you must have attempted to activate a new account...right ? Are you willing to continue with PM...we can guide you on how to successfully start your PM account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Eve0106 did someone steal your card?   or you checked with your family and no one used that to join PM? 

if you are sure you don't have PM service, then best to check with your bank to do a charge back

But make sure you don't even have Koodo or Telus.  They sometimes use each other to post payments

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Eve0106 - well you must have activated the account at one point. But perhaps your account just needed help to get going by customer support.

There is no refunds here with prepaid. But you could tell CSA and see what they say.

Ways to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

Need Help? Let's chat.