cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Codes

applesauce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am using the referral link which I don't see listed inthe back office to refer new customers:

Xxxxx 

The issue I have, is that now I don't see my affiliate code load in the URL and I don't see this on the main page, as in "You were referred by xxxx" or similar.

I don't even see where customers can put in the code, since it's a behind a multi-step process.  How can I confirm things are workign correctly?

And do customers get a perk for using my code?

Edit by mimmo removed referral code

21 REPLIES 21

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

Sounds they have some good artificial intelligence going, treating you well with your first account- and when they realized they got'ya, the system isn't doing due diligence any more for you.  (I'm joking!)

What you've described is said very well though.  🙂

@BlueB 

As I always say there is give and take here. Public mobile has its foibles with autopay failures, double charged credit cards, account glitches etc.... I have two accounts. One has run perfectly from the very beginning the other which is my main account has had so many weird glitches occur it boggles the mind. Some are bad....and some have been very good.

The moderators are human after all and they make mistakes, pm makes mistakes, the systems make mistakes as do we.....we forgive theirs and have a little more patience and cut pm some slack and pm and the moderators credit back add ons we purchased by mistake, promos we didn't activate correctly, cancel accidental plan changes and add referral codes from friends we hadn't met and made yet.

BlueB

From how this reads, Public Mobile is actually caring for their customers.  They seem to be doing a lot of good things for us, on a case-by-case basis, of course (even if we're seeing trends).  The official word is there to prevent abuse, but as long as it's a win-win situation, it seems like the staff (whether Moderators or whomever else) have been properly empowered to make this truly a community as opposed to just another "big box" company. 

If they drew very hard lines all the time, even though their plans are $-friendly, I'm sure there would be a lot less of us due to the frustrations caused.  At least for me, and many others we've seen, their goodwill in us makes us loyal customers.  Arguably, I'd say they have a good thing going here.  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

If this were my show, I'd give a grace of about a week. After that...y'snooze, y'lose. But outfits that want to keep their customers and show a little goodwill towards them can surprise me.

BlueB

@darlicious wrote:

Maybe we should test how long afterwards they would add it....pm me yours and I will see if they will add it to my account!🤣🤣🤣

You know when they say the few ruin it for the rest of us? 

Well, @darlicious............... 🤣  (I know you're joking!)

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious Oh wow, thats great on PM for doing that. 

@stevenanto 

Actually I have had my referral code added to an account after 10 weeks.

@Anonymous 

Maybe we should test how long afterwards they would add it....pm me yours and I will see if they will add it to my account!🤣🤣🤣

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe even though they say that they cant manually add it after the fact they will still do it. Why would they want to upset two people, a current loyal client and a new incoming client.  I think they would do it within a reasonable time frame (right after the one month mark)

Robidoo

That's reassuring. 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Robidoo : Yes that is the official line. They don't do that in practice. There are official lines on several things around here. It doesn't mean that's how it is in reality.

Robidoo

OK but why even have to jump through those hoops. Having to ask Mr Chat Bot and hope he directs you to the right place after 45 minutes of cursing.
They also state it clearly here just to emphasize they are tired of giving out bonuses: If your friend forgets to enter your code, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! 
 https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

PM actually is very generous for friend referrals.  People entered wrong or forgot to enter for various reasons, but they opened ticket with mod and mod would usually honour it and apply it back afterward.

@Robidoo wrote:

It is safe to say that it was way too guaranteed that the person you referred would not have missed to paste your referral code. 
This affords Public Mobile the possibility that your friends forget to enter it and they donj't have to give you the credit. 
Very sneaky tactic. 

@Robidoo sure, that can happen.

If you friend mistyped it to a correct one of somebody else's code, there is really not much that can be done.

But if your friend did not receive the $10 bonus, then there is always a chance that your friend can contact the Moderators to tell them they used your referral code, and provide it to them. They may be able to add the code even after activating, especially if it was entered incorrectly and no bonus was given.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Robidoo wrote:

It is safe to say that it was way too guaranteed that the person you referred would not have missed to paste your referral code. 
This affords Public Mobile the possibility that your friends forget to enter it and they donj't have to give you the credit. 
Very sneaky tactic. 

@Robidoo : It's well known that Public Mobile will apply referral codes after the fact. No sneaky tactics needed. Maybe not 2 years later or something (to be extreme) but they will do this for some time after activation.

Robidoo

It is safe to say that it was way too guaranteed that the person you referred would not have missed your referral code. 
This affords Public Mobile the possibility that your friends forget to enter it and they don't have to give you the credit. 
Very sneaky tactic. 

wellis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The friend you’re referring will be able to enter your referral code towards the end of setting up their new account. You can find your code on your main page when you sign up. I cannot confirm, but I believe as long as the your code gets accepted when your friend enters it, it should work. Hope this helps. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@applesauce 

As @cynthia_sahagun noted on the location of the referral code on your account. The hyperlink with the referral code is no longer available as per @Anonymous noted. You need to enter the referral code in step 4 (payment section) of the activation PM web page.

All current PM members will have a referral code if you need one. 😉 

I hope this helps.

cynthia_sahagun

When you log in to your account, you can find the referral Code in the upper right hand corner of your Overview. 

The customer or your friend that you referred to can put and apply your referral code when they first activate their Public Mobile Account. They have to do that properly when they activate their PM account so make sure the Codes are correct. 

The customers/friend get perks , they get a one time 10 dollar credit once they activate and use PM. 

You can check if it is working properly under your Account Status . Just click My Rewards and you can view the amount credited to you when you refer a friend. 

More info here : https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

- CynthiaS

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@applesauce wrote:

I am using the referral link which I don't see listed inthe back office to refer new customers:

Xxxxx 

The issue I have, is that now I don't see my affiliate code load in the URL and I don't see this on the main page, as in "You were referred by xxxx" or similar.

I don't even see where customers can put in the code, since it's a behind a multi-step process.  How can I confirm things are workign correctly?

And do customers get a perk for using my code?

Edit by mimmo removed referral code

@applesauce 

The new activation page for the Referral Code is on page 4 in the payment section. 

Customers who use your code receive $10 off on their 2nd-30 day renewal.

You will receive $1 off, for every renewal for as long as they are an active Public Mobile customer.

You will see the last 4-digits of the person's cell phone number in your SELF SERVE account under the My Rewards TAB.  By clicking on the arrow pointing to the right, which will open up the list and the arrow will then point down.

esjliv_0-1598444864917.png

More info. on Refer A Friend here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Spudster

@applesauce 

Copy your code into a text message or email to the recipient. 

Advise them to paste it into the activation field where it asks for the 

referral code. 

This way, there'll be no inputting errors. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@applesauce : The link method is no longer working. All you can do is give the code to the new customer and they need to enter it in. Watch those oh's and zeros etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.