cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referal code not working

endrew_delgado
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

My friend has attempted to sign up with my referral code xxxxx. 

He received the following message from public mobile

"unfortunately that code wont work now, but I will find one that does work if you want"

What does this mean? Why does my referral code not work in this specific case?

I have referred people before and the code has worked before. 

If public mobile does give him another code will I still receive the refer a friend reward?

edit by mimmo removed referal code

16 REPLIES 16

@endrew_delgado wrote:

Hi everyone we got the solution, 

My friend was unable to sign with my promo code since the customer service representative at the store had already put another sign up code in the slot and told my friend that my code was invalid. 

Thanks

@endrew_delgado that was incredibly wrong wrong wrong!!!!

You or your friend should report that store customer rep to Public Mobile.  PM must know that this retail store is defrauding their customers.  What a nasty thing to do!!!

Send a private message to the Moderator_Team.  They would know what to do.

Thank you so much for coming back and letting us know.

Aloha

RosieR

endrew_delgado

Hi everyone we got the solution, 

My friend was unable to sign with my promo code since the customer service representative at the store had already put another sign up code in the slot and told my friend that my code was invalid. 

Thanks

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@endrew_delgado wrote:

Hi, 

My friend has attempted to sign up with my referral code xxxxx. 

"unfortunately that code wont work now, but I will find one that does work if you want"

If public mobile does give him another code will I still receive the refer a friend reward?

edit by mimmo removed referal code

Hi @endrew_delgado just bumping your thread.  Did you get the answer to your question?  If yes, that's good.  We are fellow customers here in the community doing our best to help fellow customers.

If you have any other questions, we are here to help.

Cheers

RosieR

I have seen perfectly well working 5 digit code, it's definitely possible.

Do they offer random codes on signup now? Today would be s new one

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : X-ing out the code doesn't require the same number of characters. The point is merely to not show the code.

The link was removed when they brought in the new activation method.

@Anonymous 

When did PM removed the hyperlink...it was helpful when I send it to my friends.

Yes, I realize the the original referral code but I only see 5 x’s. I thought there 6 in the code.

Klis

You can also refresh your browser and try again. I had to wait a few minutes after a failed attempt to retry the refferal code and it worked. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : What you see is an x'd out referral code. It was a proper code before. And there's no hyperlink referral code anymore.

@endrew_delgado : The new account holder will need to be the one to contact the moderators. Double check the actual characters of the code.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@endrew_delgado 

The referral code have a mixed of 6 upper case alpha and numerical digits. Looks like you only have 5.

Also the number zero and upper case o are mixed up (0 or O).

Have your friend log into their account and send hyperlink activation referral page to your email...This way there will be no mistakes.

Double check the referral code and contact the moderator.

@CS_Agent  @mimmo 

In this case, wouldn't the individual activating need to make moderator contact to have the code applied. (if post- activation)

Unless there is an problem with the code itself, in which case @endrew_delgado would need to make contact... I suppose. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @mimmo,

Great question!

Indeed, it's better to submit a ticket through SIMon but if someone finds it difficult to do that, we(meaning everyone on the Community trying to help) can provide the link for the private message to the Moderator Team, since we always authenticate the accounts.

Keep in mind that submitting a ticket for multiple accounts actions will mean authenticating each one of them.

Thanks,

Christopher_M

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@endrew_delgado 

There used to be an actual link that one could send this to a friend to use - it removed any potential for input errors in relaying the code.

I would recommend signing into your self-serve, physically copying (via ctrl + c on keyboard) the link characters, and send that electronically to your friend who is trying to use your referral code.

Advise your friend to 'paste' the characters (ctrl + v) from your communication to them into the activation field they're using, or alternatively send that to the Moderator team to apply to their account if they've gone through the activation process.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CS_Agent   isn't the preferred method  of contacting you via the SIMon the chat bot rather than via private message via the community?  since SIMon verifies the account.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@endrew_delgado 

Maybe your friend enter the code wrong. Double check.  It should be a zero, instead of letter O.  Or vice versa. 

P.S.  You may want to edit your actual referral code.  

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi! I think your concern is understandable. In order to give you more personalized assistance, please send us a private message through the community.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@endrew_delgado wrote:

Hi, 

My friend has attempted to sign up with my referral code XXXXX

Did friend try to activate on PM website or in store ? Make sure he did it himself on-line.

Need Help? Let's chat.