cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend rewards

Alicat27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been a public mobile customer for a long time and have referred several people to PM.  I had the rewards where you get a credit of $1/month per referral which I thought was a lifetime thing with PM.  But today when I logged into my account and looked at the 'my rewards' tab it doesn't show any monthly friend referral discounts.  What happened?

11 REPLIES 11

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alicat27 

Definitely something odd going on, because if you were on the new points system you would not see a loyalty reward and autopay discount on the Payment tab. Contact an agent to confirm what system you are on and why your referrals are not displayed.

• you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Alicat27

So, I checked my account.  It is still showing a loyalty reward, I assume for years as a customer, and it's also showing the discount for my automated credit card payment, but it's not showing any refer-a-friend credits.  Can you tell from this whether I'm still on the old loyalty plan?

Hollister

@Flameotter 

@Flameotter wrote:

@Alicat27 I think the new Rewards system requires some sort of sign up to transition from the old to new, but then again things could have changed. I managed to cancel an upcoming plan change with a single click without any confirmation.

I think the community section also required me to sign up again also.

Yes, you must make a conscious effort to switch to the points system in the rewards portal. Also changing plans does not change the rewards system you are on.

Alicat27

Yes.  They my referrals are all still with PM.  I will check my account again and report back. 

Flameotter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alicat27 I think the new Rewards system requires some sort of sign up to transition from the old to new, but then again things could have changed. I managed to cancel an upcoming plan change with a single click without any confirmation.

I think the community section also required me to sign up again also.

Hollister

@Alicat27 

That should not have switched you over….as there have been errant emails sent out and clicking on the link would not have switched you over. Log into self service in incognito and go to your Payment tab. You should see your payment reduced by the number of referrals. Let us know what you see. As well are you positive your referrals are still active with PM?

Alicat27

But I never agreed to join anything different!?

Hollister

@Flameotter 

You are currently on the new points system which is inferior to the old one. Tell your family member on the old one to never switch.

Alicat27

Not intentionally.  I clicked on the recent email that was titled "Check out your public points summary new" and then clicked the "Go to my Rewards" link in the email.  I haven't received any holiday bonuses yet this year, so I thought maybe I needed to click the link in that email to get them.  Did I accidentally join something I didn't want to join?

Flameotter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Hollister Is there an even newer rewards system? I think I am on that. I got wooed over to Koodo Mobile for a year or so and then came back to Public Mobile after they did some reward system revamp. Another family member on the older system still gets credits every month. I get points that build up and I have to choose to apply them towards a bill credit or add ons or some other things.

Hollister

@Alicat27 

Did you accidentally join the new points reward system? If yes, then your referrals with not show up in the rewards system. You will only know at time of renewal how many referrals you have. The new points system is inferior.

Need Help? Let's chat.