cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend questions

Meowington
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I just refer my aunt to PM 2 days ago. I got a message that i just added to a refer program, and ask my to view of rewards, but when i check my rewards page, i see nothing change, Here are my questions:

1. with the added to refer program message, do i get $1 refer point in next cycle? or how do i know i am in now?

2. When is my Aunt and get the $10 credit as a new activation and how do i find out?

3. At my own account, my page show messages Usage, but my aunt account shown only data usage and minutes usage, but not message usage. is the new customer with $15 plan no longer need message usage, since it is unlimited?

Thank you in advice that who can help me resolve my confusion,

Meowington

33 REPLIES 33

@Tonyt1- The replies you got from the purported support people should have been from the username CS_Agent. Those are employees of the company. Never give out private information to anybody else other than those that might be identified with a big orange PM box next to their username. Or the letter P in some kind of avatar. Nobody else can have such avatars.

Tonyt1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Appreciate your well intended assistance, but I am not comfortable with the looseness and informality of PM relying on customers for advice and support rather than company support.  I have been with PM for many years and have never had to try to contact them for anything in person until now.  Instead of being able to contact the company, I see it is preferred I rely on the advice of fellow customers rather than from PM.  Any means of communicating with the company is very much disguised, if at all available. Though a fellow customer may be able to guide others, no fellow customer can deal with account issues that have to be dealt with directly with the company.  Though I appreciate the cost and rewards of PM (despite its world-wide limitations) I am finding it a bit too amateurish to put my trust and reliability in advice from fellow customers rather than being able to deal with the company directly.  Dunno, just my observation.  No offence to fellow customers trying to help.  But the way things are is pretty piggly wiggly and unprofessional.  

@Tonyt1- Whatever you think. Anybody can make and log in to a community account. So support needs to verify that that anybody has the right to have support do things in an account.
On those rare occasions when I need to ask them something to do with my account, I send them a private message and include my phone number and pin. They will see that the email address of the community account asking matches the email address of the service account being asked about. Before this new system all accounts had to create a pin for the account. Now that's no longer being asked and in fact is harder to find other than a direct url to it which is not given. People here can help you with that. Or of course support but then you would have to clear the verification hurdles.
If a customer can know all the verification details about another account then support can choose to help that customer about that other account.

@Tonyt1  After you do it and get help from support you can go back into your account profile page and change the PIN number in the account if your worried about it 

Tonyt1

This is too amateurish that someone I don't know called the "Mayor" is telling me to give me and my friend's account PIN numbers to someone named "Catalina" at PM when I I am already logged in, a member, gave them both our phone numbers, my account number, her name and phone number, and my refer-a-friend code.  If as you say "this is how it works here" - this is not professional in any way. 

@Tonyt1- Yup. It's how it works here. Customer support needs to be sure you have the rights to be able to permit them to do things on your account. This is just a community account. They need in to your service account.
This is not your atm or credit card pin. It's a pin that would only be for here (it could of course be the same but they're not certainly not linked)

@Tonyt1  I’m just a customer like you trying to help . I give that same info when I need supports helps its routine .no scam we all have to do it . 

Tonyt1

Who the heck are you?  Saying I should give me and my friend's PIN numbers to a website that I am already logged in as a customer and already provided my name, phone number, member number, refer a friend code and my refer a friend's name and phone number.  This is totally crazy, never mind now giving out PIN numbers to whomever is on the other end.  

@Tonyt1  It’s not a bot it’s customer service verifying the account with you . So it’s for your own safety 

Tonyt1

So I did that and probably a bot email back wanted both my and my friend's PIN numbers in order to assist me.  Get real!  I gave them my name, account no., phone no., referral code no. and my refer a friend's name and phone number.  No way I'm going to ask her PIN number as well to give to a bot!  This is absolutely stupid!!

@Tonyt1- But they do, in the pseudo-sort of email system called private messaging. But you need a community account to use it. But no, no phone.

Tonyt1

I have to say I appreciate the savings with PM (although limited) vs other mobility providers.  And I know Telus has bought PM out, so probably a problem for Telus to live up to PM's pricing.  However, forums such as this cannot deal with account issues such as I have raised regarding refer a friend rewards/discounts not being applied.  Therefore there should be some means published means of discussing account issues with PM that only they can deal with, directly - either by email or phone.  

@Tonyt1- I'm surprised you got any reply at all. If anything, "we're not Public, ask them" is about what I'd expect.

Meowington

Please let us know your update situation, so we can follow up and assist you further.

Meowington

@Tonyt1  Here’s how 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Meowington

TonyT1,

If you did not see the discount apply to you after 30 days, please send a PM to CS_Agent, They will contact you normally within 24 hours, you can provide your account number and issues, and they will look in to it, and assist you step by step. You can send the send message or Pm to CS_Agent by click the envelope  icon at the top right.

Meowington

Tonyt1

Believe me I tried.  You say "any account issues need to be presented to Public Mobile customer support agents through this website".  So pray tell, how do I do that?

@Tonyt1 wrote:

I also referred a friend and she nor I received the $10 discount for joining nor I the $1/mo referral reward.  The only email contact I could seem to find to enquire about this was accessible@telus.com and after a few days I received a phone reply from Telus to my enquiry as to the entitled discount and $1 reward.  Believe it or not, I was told it would take up to 120 days for the discounts to apply.  What!!! I told the agent that is xxxxxxxxxxxx  And I will never refer a new subscriber again.  Then he said ok, he'll put a speedy application to us both for the rewards on our next bill.  What the heck is going on here!!

Public Mobile does not provide customer service by e-mail.   Any account issues need to be presented to Public Mobile customer support agents through this website.

Tonyt1

I also referred a friend and she nor I received the $10 discount for joining nor I the $1/mo referral reward.  The only email contact I could seem to find to enquire about this was accessible@telus.com and after a few days I received a phone reply from Telus to my enquiry as to the entitled discount and $1 reward.  Believe it or not, I was told it would take up to 120 days for the discounts to apply.  What!!! I told the agent that is xxxxxx!  And I will never refer a new subscriber again.  Then he said ok, he'll put a speedy application to us both for the rewards on our next bill.  What the heck is going on here!!

edited by comptuergeek541: profanity isn't permitted

@Meowington  usually if you already got the text, it is an indication that the referral was process successfully.  So, no worry.  Enjoy the saving  🙂

Meowington

The 0.75 point  and the welcome 5 points received yesterday night. I guest the $10  will apply as credit at my aunt account.

Meowington

Cool! thanks Hardy1

@Meowington  That’s always good confirmation. You apply it correctly 🙂

@Handy1 From my last couple referrals , there is a day or two delay after teh Cha Ching text

I remember rewards points show up the extra point even later

Meowington

i got the cha-ching! message too.

@softech  Is that why op didn’t see his $1 referral reward right away . That just in the old system . Cos I still get the cha Ching immediately and shows on payment tab 

Meowington

Just worry that they might charge me for txting

@Meowington   with new rewards, you will see that extra point from your Aunt activation added to your Rewards portal at renewal time

Meowington

I moved to new reward system

@Meowington  and unless new account shows things differently, yes, the $15 plan of mine shows Message Usage there, too

But again, it is irrelevant, and it is unlimited anyway  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.