cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer A Friend doesn't seem to have registered on my account

Laura1999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend used my code during sign up with Public and it doesn't seem to have registered on my account. How can one check to see if the referral code worked? Noting I have referred a friend in the past and it activated with no issues.

11 REPLIES 11

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Laura1999  It’s one of two scenarios 

first, your new referral didn’t go through which you need to create a support ticket so support can look into it, use the chatbot link 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

second,  your new referral went through, but you lost your old referral, so the total is 1 referral which is what you have.

Laura1999

It shows zero. 

EB0

@Laura1999 

It’s possible to be a cache issue, try the app or browser in Incognito

click on view more stats below the graph, it will show you the total number of new referrals

IMG_4276.jpeg

Laura1999

It's been a week. I did add that info above.

slusagm

3 days yet?? 

ask PM to check. Use the orange Chatbot icon on the lower right, type Submit Ticket and choose Contact Us, follow to login to get to ticket  screen 

Laura1999

As mentioned, yes, my friend got a $10 credit but the referral doesn't show in the graph.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Laura1999 wrote:

My friend used my code during sign up with Public and it doesn't seem to have registered on my account. How can one check to see if the referral code worked? Noting I have referred a friend in the past and it activated with no issues.

Ask your friend if $10 was received in that account for using your referral code.  If the app, it doesn't show anything but in the My Account site, it has a graph in the My Referrals tab showing the number of new referrals by month. 

Laura1999

It's been over a week since they joined. They did get the $10 credit, which is the only indication that something registered in the system. I'd have thought I would be able to see it though.

slusagm

how long your friend joined?? it takes as many as. 3 days to show 

also if your friend joined 3 days already, ask him to check the account and it should have $10 credit in Available Funds

Laura1999

It shows the 1 existing referral only, not the additional one.

slusagm

you won't see the 1 point from referral until next renewal time

however, login My Account, click Referral and it should show one eztra referral in that referral graph 

Need Help? Let's chat.