cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering phone number if phone is lost or dead

falahrajput
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone and hence the eSIm recently and had to recover my phone number. I was afraid I might lose it or might even have to port it to another provider to recover my number. (Even then, I was no longer receiving text messages to confirm a port). Porting a number between new PM accounts is not possible. However, Customer Support told me that I can do a SIM swap instead. 

1) My EverSafe ID was not working so I could not buy an eSIM on my new device or online. (I was not receiving text messages on my phone number anymore required to confirm EverSafe).

2) I bought a physical Public Mobile SIM from a TELUS location.

3) CS conducted additional anti-fraud verification by asking very specific information I could have.

4) The SIM was activated and the number was successfully transferred. 

You have to be patient during the entire process if the support is text-based but it did eventually work. PM should make this in an article for future customers, I doubt this is is an uncommon scenario. 

3 REPLIES 3

falahrajput
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well, I never really had a chance to confirm MyAccount verification, so I was not offered this option. I was receiving the code to my email, but not to my phone number. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's great that you got your phone number recovered successfully. In the future if you cannot access your phone number for the eversafe you can press Didn't Recieve Code and then click Send to Email.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Great tips. 

Need Help? Let's chat.