cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover my phone number

JOSEA04PG7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I stopped paying the data for my phone for 4 months approximately and now that I’m trying to pay it, it says “no service” and the phone number seems to be blocked

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JOSEA04PG7 

Unfortunately you left it too long to top up your account and renew your plans services. Your account gets canceled and deactivated after 90 days of no paid services.

If your phone number originally came from public mobile/Koodo/Telus and your account was canceled in the last 60 days the phone number will have been put in the hold number pool and should be recoverable by customer support if you activate a new account with a new SIM card. If that interests you may contact customer support and inquire about retrieving your phone number and if it is still available before you activate just to be absolutely 100% sure you can retrieve your phone number.

If your phone number came from any other provider then when it was canceled and deactivated the phone number will the released back to them. Generally it would sit in their hold number pool for 60 days and you would have to contact them to retrieve your phone number.

To double check on your account try calling 1-855 PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number. If you get a message saying we cannot locate or find your phone number then your account has been canceled and deactivated. If you get a message telling you your final renewal dates and other basic account information then your account still exists and you need to make a Top-Up payment ASAP. This is best done either by using your four digit account pin # and the credit card on file through 611 or the 1 855 number or by purchasing a public mobile payment voucher and adding it the same way (without the need of your four digit account pin #) as it will automatically reactivate your account.

Edit:

More info on making payments can be found here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@JOSEA04PG7 

contact PM support team by private message CS_Agent  to maybe get your number back and to strat new account. with new SIM card.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JOSEA04PG7 if your account was suspended for over 90 days, the account would have been closed permanently and the number would have been returned back to the provider who assigned  to you originally.   You will have to but a new sim card and activate a new account with a new number 

@JOSEA04PG7 wrote:

I stopped paying the data for my phone for 4 months approximately and now that I’m trying to pay it, it says “no service” and the phone number seems to be blocked

Sorry, but you lost the phone number as your account has been permanently closed. You could open a brand new account (purcahse a SIM card required), but there is no guarantee that you would be able to get the old phone number back.

Need Help? Let's chat.