cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for 4G plan for optimum internet use?

ArtsyT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any recommendations for a plan on 4 G that will give the optimum data for internet use?

12 REPLIES 12

@MetaMorpheusMob wrote:

Many Quebec Plans include US Data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans

So, the Canada-US plans offered here are now much better than what Freedom offering, only thing we need is that, it needs to be for everyone, not just for QC

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ArtsyT  Check out screen shot here my plan is 4G but I pick up 5G connection 

Handy1_0-1688654182438.png

@ArtsyT  yes but It doesn’t matter what network you’re using you will only get the  same speed as you pay for . Example many people on 4G plans connect to 5G but it’s throttled to 4 G speeds 

ArtsyT

If you pick 5 G and there is only 4 G service in the area you are in - what happens does it just step down or are you better off to have 4 G?

@ArtsyT  You would need a US roaming add on to work in the US . But from time to time some CAN /US plans  do pop up . If you were in Quebec they have quite a few nice. CAN /US offerings one is 40GB for $50 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ArtsyT  This would be my second choice 

Handy1_0-1688653421634.png

ArtsyT

Thanks Handy Do you know if that plan works in the States as well?  I am on the road alot over the next 3 months and am looking for a consistent wifi package

ArtsyT

Thank you I was wondering about the speed

@ArtsyT  If I needed more data then that I’d consider the 50GB for $65 and if you opt in for 90 days you get 150GB upfront for 90 days and it would only be  $55 a month . That’s 5G services and unlimited data throttled after 150GB is used up 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Any 4G plan should work the same speed wise.
It all depends on your data need and how much you want to spend.

ArtsyT

Thank for your quick reply.  If you have to do a lot on the internet including video streaming would you go the extra mile and upgrade to the 30 GB for $50?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ArtsyT  Yes the 20GB for $39 is a solid plan to consider 

Need Help? Let's chat.