cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate my account please

Amyholland
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, public mobile was unable to use auto pay to renew my account because I have a new card. I updated my card and made the payment (which has been taken from my bank account) however my account is still deactivated. Please reactivate ASAP as I need my phone. I fthis takes longer then today I would like you to debit my account for a free day as this is how long it has taken you to reactive something I am currently paying for.......Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

BarryS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, PM does need to improve their mod response times, but it does come down to “less for less”, which means there is no costly call centre available to call, fixes may not be immediate, and customers need to do a bit of research through the “knowledge base” and past posts to look for a solution for their problem. There is a good chance that the particular problem you are having has previously been encountered, meaning there is likely a solution available in the data base.  If not, the community is always ready to help.  This is the business model for PM and potential customers should do some homework before signing up, to ensure they are comfortable with this approach.  It’s not for everyone, but if you’re okay with it, the savings are there!  If you are more comfortable with 24 hr phone support, and not into doing some self-serve research, or waiting for a response (admittedly, some times too long) PM is probably not the right fit for you.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Amyholland  glad you got it working.  

Unfortunatly the service is what it is. I manage multiple accounts and rarely have had any issues, when i have teh community has been helpful and teh mods once they get to you are great.  PM does need to work on teh portal and mod reply time  no question.  But i am willing to live with teh issues for the money I have saved myself, friends and family. When i do refer people i make sure they know both the benefits and drawbacks.  most people looking to switch do so. I also do not reccomend PM for business / essential lines. 

Amyholland

Pretty funny that I had to report my phone as missing and stolen to get it to work again.

Thanks for the tips.
I'm pretty dissappointed with Public mobile though, they should be able to get it together. I most likely won't be refering anyone to this horrible service. Unreal and Unacceptable! 

mimmo

@Amyholland when i was in a situation like you are in i did teh following:

1) topped up no service

2)  lost stolen trick (no service

3) topped up $1  (no service)

4) lost stolen (work) 

not sure when it started working between 3 and 4  because the phone was at another location.

it cost me $1 and i did not have to wait for mods.  it really cant hurt.

Amyholland

Ok well I'm trying it now so I'll let you know

mimmo

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

HI you might be able to solve the problem yourself.  check out this thread with two possible solutions: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

I am going to finally stick my neck out, risk looking noobish and ask.  In this particular case where a top up was made and apparently successful with money taken from the credit card, can another top up make a difference?  Is the lost phone option available in a suspended account? 

from what i recall yes. both tricks seem to work on accounts that either say active and do not work and  on accounts that were suspended  then topped up and now  the money is not being taken from avaialble funds. 

Amyholland

I ge that it takes time but what am I paying for in that 48-72 hours? That's unacceptable, they can't charge me for something they are not providing.

Amyholland

That is a good question, If I report this as lost and it has been topped up will it work?

@Amyholland wrote:

Hi,

I have done this three times....still waiting.... Is there someone that can expidite this problem. This is unacceptable!

If you have contacted the moderator team already, then you need to stay patient and wait for a response.  Response times can be 48-72 hours. 

@mimmo wrote:

HI you might be able to solve the problem yourself.  check out this thread with two possible solutions: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

I am going to finally stick my neck out, risk looking noobish and ask.  In this particular case where a top up was made and apparently successful with money taken from the credit card, can another top up make a difference?  Is the lost phone option available in a suspended account? 

Amyholland

Hi,

I have done this three times....still waiting.... Is there someone that can expidite this problem. This is unacceptable!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Amyholland, if you have paid and the payment history reflects it but you are unable to return the account to active status, please contact the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

mimmo

Need Help? Let's chat.