cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: international calling

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Tried this morning to call italy and the message i got from public mobile is I don't have that feature on my account, even though my add on has been credited with 400 international minutes.

8 REPLIES 8

@shskr 

Thanks for reporting back!

AE_Collector

shskr

Yes the number was missing 2 digits to complete. Works great.

shskr

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think you would star with 011 then 39 for Italy and then the full telephone number.

AE_Collector

I see i think the number that was given started with 01 then 39. I will try again tommorow.

I think you would start with 011 then 39 for Italy and then the full telephone number.

AE_Collector

shskr

@AE_Collector wrote:

@shskr 

You selected the add-ons in the purchase area and they show in your add-on list now?

What exactly did the recording say? I have heard reports of a recording telling you that you need a specific add-on to make a call but getting the recording doesn't mean the call won't go through since you gave the required add-on. Wondering if you got recording and hung up. Also, are you certain you were dialing everything correctly, numbers can get confusing with international calling.

AE_Collector

Yes I selected $0 Free Holiday giveaway 400 international minutes.

The recording said something to the effect I didn't have the add-on feature. And I hung up.

The number that I dialed was given by someone in italy, which I believe was probably not complete. I will try a number that I know works through a landline.

Thanks @AE_Collector and others for your help.

@shskr 

You selected the add-ons in the purchase area and they show in your add-on list now?

What exactly did the recording say? I have heard reports of a recording telling you that you need a specific add-on to make a call but getting the recording doesn't mean the call won't go through since you gave the required add-on. Wondering if you got recording and hung up. Also, are you certain you were dialing everything correctly, numbers can get confusing with international calling.

AE_Collector

shskr

@hairbag1 wrote:

@shskr wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

Unfortunately it is not included.

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

You could purchase a LD calling card or use wi-fi apps like Skype, TextNow, or WhatsApp.

So the free gift of 400 international minutes include the countries above or just Can and USA?

Remember...you can call them while you're in Canada only.

Yes i'm in Vancouver.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@shskr wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

Unfortunately it is not included.

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

You could purchase a LD calling card or use wi-fi apps like Skype, TextNow, or WhatsApp.

So the free gift of 400 international minutes include the countries above or just Can and USA?

Remember...you can call them while you're in Canada only.

Need Help? Let's chat.