cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-activate Plan

hangthuydo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I got a new phone and new plan (with Virgin) on Monday due to a Black Friday sale. I hated the new phone so I am going to return it which means the plan will also be "reversed." How do I get back on my Public plan? What happens to the recent payment I made to my Public account as well? I think I made a payment just a few days prior to moving over to Virgin. Was Public going to "refund" me that payment? Will I receive credit? etc.

I guess two questions. 1. How do I re-activate my Public plan? 2. What happens to my recent payment?

Thanks everyone! 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

@hangthuydo 

ask virgin to exchange the phone for a different one you prefer.

Doesn’t hurt to ask. But don’t expect to talk to the retention group. 

hangthuydo

Thanks for the input. It was obviously thought through (I literally buy a new phone once every 5 years), the new phone and plan was a great deal. The issue was I actually dislike the phone. I guess you can do all the research you can but won't know until you try the phone yourself.

hangthuydo

Oh really? If I can transfer it, it would be great! 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You might be able to transfer your balance, if any, to a new account. But you will probably have to start a new account with a new sim and be in the points program. 

@Gunner123 you can eturn the new phone but you can stay in Virgin until you get a better plan elsewhere.  Christmas is coming, check Boxing Day deal

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hangthuydo wrote:

Ugh, are you serious? That's $50 down the drain... well, I probably won't be returning due to that reason then.

Thank you all for answering my questions though! 😊 I appreciate it! ❤️

@hangthuydo I guess one should have thoucht of that in the first place !!

hangthuydo

Ugh, are you serious? That's $50 down the drain... well, I probably won't be returning due to that reason then.

Thank you all for answering my questions though! 😊 I appreciate it! ❤️

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@hangthuydo 

Sorry but, you can't re-activate your old plan and your recent payment you made to your account prior to you porting out of PM, is lost for good.

Once you port out of PM, your account is automatically closed and everything you had is forfeited and lost. So sorry 😔

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@hangthuydo sorry if you ported your number your accont is closed plus any money you paid on your old public plan is lost ,this is a prepaid service 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you port your number to Virgin then your PM account is Closed forever.

If you want to open PM account you would need new SIM, unique email and you would be on points rewards from now on. After you open new PM account you can port your number.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@hangthuydo 

Did you port your number out of Public Mobile to Virgin? If yes, your account at Public Mobile would have been automatically closed. You would then have to buy a new PM sim and activate again and port your number over from Virgin.

Edit: recent payment at PM is forfeited if account is closed. No refunds at PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.