cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to receive calls from landlines

momofoneholl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Was your issue resolved?  I had the same issue but only with certain landlines (from Eastlink users).  I have gone back to Telus, however, my daughter wants to continue using Public Mobile and I cannot phone her from my landline.  We both had 236 prefixes, submitted the landline numbers and times of the calls that we were having issues with, and never received a call back from a moderator after being told we would be contacted within 48 hours.

9 REPLIES 9

momofoneholl

Different number, same prefix.  Public Moblie should have contacted me as promised.

@jor123 It's Eastlink that needs to correct its database. Either say, I suspect that reason for there being no issue on the Telus service probably has to do with a different phone number with a different area code being issued.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You would think Pm and Telus would have the same records being the same company

momofoneholl

We decided to move back to Telus because their service works for us.

@momofoneholl wrote:

Eastlink was contacted and said that they could not help or do any testing from their end and that Public Mobile had to do the testing.

Well, they gave you false information. Guess what Public Mobile would tell your daughter? They likely would have blamed the other carrier as well.

momofoneholl

+1 does not work either.  Yes, we call call to the Eastlink landlines.  For now she has switched back to Telus.

momofoneholl

Eastlink was contacted and said that they could not help or do any testing from their end and that Public Mobile had to do the testing.

winston11

Maybe you can use the +1 code to use the call from landline, its a chance it could work. Btw does ur daughter's phone reach the landline?

@momofoneholl wrote:

Was your issue resolved?  I had the same issue but only with certain landlines (from Eastlink users).  I have gone back to Telus, however, my daughter wants to continue using Public Mobile and I cannot phone her from my landline.  We both had 236 prefixes, submitted the landline numbers and times of the calls that we were having issues with, and never received a call back from a moderator after being told we would be contacted within 48 hours.

@momofoneholl Eastlink needs to be contacted. This is an issue with the routing tables at Eastlink and their list of valid phone numbers. Unfortunately, this isn't something that Public Mobile can help you with

If she isn't too attached to the phone number, it can be changed and tried, or a number from a different carrier can be ported in.

Need Help? Let's chat.