cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

Minhle391
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I want to transfer my phone number in Public Mobile to Shaw, however, I can't do that. Could you please help me? It is quite urgent, thanks 

26 REPLIES 26

@Anonymous wrote:

@Minhle391 : Porting help is supposed to be more with the new provider. For them to pass the buck is kinda lame.

Did you check your account # in the self-serve? The IMEI of the phone? The name on the account? Maybe there's a mis-type somewhere.

Exactly.

Shaw should be doing the work and contacting Public Mobile for you @Minhle391. They should also be giving you an exact reason so that the correctiion can be made.  Number porting rejections are accompanied by a specific code that provides an explanation.  As for you not receiving the text messae from Public Mobile, that could possibly be because incorrect Public Mobile account information was provided to Shaw. While Public Mobile can resend the text message that you looking for to approve the number transfer, they'll only do that once Shaw submits a request with any possible mistake corrected when it comes to IMEI, account PIN, or account number.

@Minhle391 another thing you can check with Shaw whether you have given them the proper Account number ( you can get that from My Account)   and make sure the name you provided Shaw matches what you put on My Account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minhle391 : Porting help is supposed to be more with the new provider. For them to pass the buck is kinda lame.

Did you check your account # in the self-serve? The IMEI of the phone? The name on the account? Maybe there's a mis-type somewhere.

Minhle391

It is said that Shaw mobile encountered an error when transferring my number to Shaw Mobile. So they ask me to contact PM to resolve this issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minhle391 : Is the information you're providing to Shaw for the transfer possibly wrong? Account #, IMEI #, name whatever they're asking for?

Minhle391

Yes, I am still keeping my PM phone number in my phone, I contacted Shaw agency to solve my problems, and the Shaw agency has tried but she said it is rejected by PM system, then she advised me to contact PM customer care

Minhle391

Thank you very much, @softech Let me try

@Minhle391   Check your Community inbox.  I have sent you a number  you can try .  I am certain this team deal out Porting INTO PM.. not sure if they do porting out request.  But you can try..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minhle391 : _Up_ to 48 hours. Did you leave the Public Mobile SIM in the phone?

Edit: Sorry. Just noticed you said you did. So leaving the SIM in, can you ask Shaw to try the transfer again from their end?

Minhle391

I did it, but it is said 48 hours to have a response

@Minhle391 wrote:

I did one, but it is said to wait for 48 hours, it is too late for me

@Minhle391  mod can reply as fast as 16 mins (another member got this this morning).. and up to 48 hours.

Open now, if you are lucky,maybe you will get a reply tonight, if not, likely tomorrow.  Usually you don't need to wait 48 hours

If you are URGENT, open a ticket NOW..

Minhle391

Yes, I am still keeping PM sim in my phone until now

@Minhle391 wrote:

but I haven't received any SMS from PM for 3 hours

@Minhle391  open a ticket with PM with the link on my previous post

Minhle391

I did one, but it is said to wait for 48 hours, it is too late for me

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minhle391 : Again...you would only receive that with the Public Mobile SIM in a phone. Did you do that?

Minhle391

but I haven't received any SMS from PM for 3 hours

@Minhle391   you can open a ticket with PM here

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Transferring Your Public Mobile Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.The SMS text will read as follows: Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact our Porting Team. Thank you.If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our moderator team who will be able to assist you.

(reference: Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

)

Minhle391

Thank you, but the problem is I haven't received any message from PM to give a confirmation

@Minhle391   another thing is .. do you have the PM SIM on a phone and receive the PM SMS?  you need to reply YES within 90 min

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minhle391 : Ok the first part is fulfilled.

The second part is, when you requested the transfer at the Shaw side, did you leave the Public Mobile SIM in your phone to wait for a text asking to confirm the transfer?

You get a 90 minute window to reply.

Minhle391

The Shaw agency tried to transfer my phone number to Shaw mobile, however, it is rejected 3 times so she asked me to contact PM customer service

@Minhle391  

https://cnac.ca/data/COCodeStatus_NPA236.htm

look up the first 3 digits for your phone number to see if Shaw has a rate centre there.

Minhle391

my area code is 236

Minhle391

Yes, I do. My PM account is still activate

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Minhle391 wrote:

Hello,

I want to transfer my phone number in Public Mobile to Shaw, however, I can't do that. Could you please help me? It is quite urgent, thanks 

@Minhle391  you need to specify what is the reason you can't transfer.

generally speak, your PM account MUST BE ACTIVE to port out your number.

Also, while most number can be transfer to another provider, there are some limitation still.  It could be the reason that Shaw does not have the proper "rate centre" for that phone number.  What is the area code and the first 3 digits of the phone number you want to transfer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minhle391 : Your account here needs to remain active until finished. You need to leave this SIM in and reply to a confirmation text. The rest is up to Shaw to help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.