cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

townie2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I'm trying to port my cell number over to PM from Petro-Canada Mobility Pay As You Go, which is due to expire tomorrow unless i add more funds. I'm having a lot of trouble, when i click on “Plans and Add ons” it gives an error no matter if i log out and in again, refresh, etc. Anyway preparing PM to Mod and Petro doesn't seem to have an account # , i've triple checked everything in my account, cell #, password, petro points #, etc but no account # so i can't send PM without that filled in, tried N/A but won't accept the answer. Problem 2, i can't see all the numbers on back of my SIM, marked over with marker to distinguish Carrier SIM's, i have/use dual SIM's, but got # from cell via IMEI Information..... i think. I really need help please, Thank You.

18 REPLIES 18

townie2

Thank you to the fantastic community and Mods, number was just successfully ported over to PM.

townie2

@dabr 

okay, thanks again.

@townie2 wrote:

@townie2   If you already sent one, then just wait for a reply which can take anywhere from 2-48 hours (sometimes under an hour).  So wait until tomorrow and if you don't hear anything by then call that porting number I provided earlier.

@townie2 wrote:

i submitted a ticket, it said Verification Submitted, but also says there seems to be an error submitting the ticket.

@townie2    If there was an error in submitting a ticket via the chatbot, then send a private message to Moderator_Team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

townie2

i submitted a ticket, it said Verification Submitted, but also says there seems to be an error submitting the ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@townie2 : So we've solved the SIM # problem. Can you try again now that some time has passed and use the information provided in that linked thread to port the Petro-Can number.

townie2
@dabr oh, okay, Thanks!

@townie2    Just FYI you can use the @ key and the names of other users in this conversation will appear, you can then click the username you're responding to.   Also welcome to PM 😊

townie2

Thank You.

townie2

Great idea using the macro lens, thank goodness i had used a blue Sharpie, and macro lens allowed me to see the black IMEI number through/under the blue marker. Got the IMEI number, Thanks.

townie2

Yes, just sent DM a few minutes ago, waiting for reply, Thanks.

@townie2   Did you submit a ticket to moderators yet?  

townie2

Yes, i marked it myself once activated, new cell plus new providers, dual SIM so i marked a P for Public Mobile on one and F for Fido on the other, i had to swap SIM locations to activate (change) APN settings to get 4G and didn't want to get confused and mix them up, stupid i realize now, but i figured since it was activated i wouldn't need to read the SIM # again. I still have the Petro SIM in my old cell and active while my new PM SIM is in my new cell and activated with a new number.

@townie2 

Here is another thread about PetroCanada mobility ports.  You will still need moderator help, but need to give the following information to moderator.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

P.S.  I will start your own thread by splitting this one.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@townie2 : Try a different browser or clear cache/site cookies or use incognito/privacy mode.

Then read this for Petro-Can.

Do you mean your new SIM has been written over? Where'd you get it from? You might need to pull out the magnifying glass or reversed binoc's. Or macro mode on your phone camera.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@townie2 wrote:

Hi. I'm trying to port my cell number over to PM from Petro-Canada Mobility Pay As You Go, which is due to expire tomorrow unless i add more funds. I'm having a lot of trouble, when i click on “Plans and Add ons” it gives an error no matter if i log out and in again, refresh, etc. Anyway preparing PM to Mod and Petro doesn't seem to have an account # , i've triple checked everything in my account, cell #, password, petro points #, etc but no account # so i can't send PM without that filled in, tried N/A but won't accept the answer. Problem 2, i can't see all the numbers on back of my SIM, marked over with marker to distinguish Carrier SIM's, i have/use dual SIM's, but got # from cell via IMEI Information..... i think. I really need help please, Thank You.

@townie2   This may be incorrect but I'm vaguely remembering that for Petro Canada mobile accounts your phone number acts as account number.  Maybe try entering it and see what happens.

Otherwise contact moderators via chatbot and follow prompts here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If chatbot ticket is unsuccessful send a private message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@townie2 wrote:

@townie2 ,

You can contact Moderators to port your number over.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.