cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The Guide to Headache-Free PM Signup

booksbyshel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need a moderator to port xxx-xxx-xxxx please.

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

8 REPLIES 8

@booksbyshel wrote:

Yes I activated a new account with a new #. I am porting from Telus.

Just so you know I am working with 2 accounts. Trying to port numbers from Telus for my husband & myself.

@booksbyshel  FYI: in case you missed it, every SIM/number must have it's own account/email address. Otherwise, everything else in the accounts may be the same.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

See this Help Article regarding porting of numbers, @booksbyshel .   Under the Change Number, you would choose the transfer of a wireless or wireline number from another provider:

Transferring or Changing Your Number After Activation

You can change your phone number once every 30 days after you have activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on  “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

You will need to provide the same information as requested during the activation process above. 

Your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer, so ensure your old SIM card is still in your device so you can receive and respond to this message. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until the number has been successfully transferred.

Transferring a number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile), you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Create a moderator support ticket for help using https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use "Port Request" 

After submitted a ticket, you should check their private message SENT folder for you ticket which they just created.  If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

booksbyshel

Just so you know I am working with 2 accounts. Trying to port numbers from Telus for my husband & myself.

@shorty6 wrote:

@shorty6 

Then you will need to contact moderator to help complete the port.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the blue chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Port request. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Here is some more information.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

shorty6

@shorty6 @booksbyshel 

Please do not post private information on the public forum.  

More details are needed for us to guide you.

Did you already activate a new account with a new number?  

Which carrier are you planning to port from?

If Telus or Koodo, you will need moderator help.

If other mobile companies, you can port yourself either with activation of SIM card or via self service account.  

shorty6

I need a moderator to port xxx-xxx-xxxx please.

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

Need Help? Let's chat.