cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Question regarding $25 plan?

VictoriaM09
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased this plan for my daughter. She is unable to receive incoming calls? The plan said unlimited Canada-wide minutes which I gather includes incoming and outgoing calls?

43 REPLIES 43

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I had this issue once and as soon as I changed my plan, it got fixed automatically. 

I downgraded. 

It was not a recommended fix but sharing my experience.

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Make sure your APN settings are correct as per Public Mobile's requirements

@VictoriaM09 glad it works in the end.  Feel bad for your initial experience but hope you enjoy the service from here...

VictoriaM09

It’s working!!! PM fixed it in their end. Thank you so much to everyone for all of your help!!!!

Not sure if this goes out to everyone, hope it does. I have been so impressed with the support from this community. 

Thank you! 🤗

VictoriaM09

Thank you.  I will be doing this tomorrow if it isn't resolved today!

VictoriaM09

I'm waiting for them to fix it!  

Fingers crossed! Thanks!

@VictoriaM09 

It sounds to me that it is a provision issue on the system which PM can fix themselves..  Usually faulty SIM card is rare.  However, if you can go back to the store and they are willing to swap another SIM card for you, that would be another way to go.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

What do you mean by PM side?  I was thinking of maybe going back to the store to see if they can swap SIM cards?

Thanks!

@VictoriaM09 

How To Change Your SIM Card,

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set !!

VictoriaM09

What do you mean by PM side?  I was thinking of maybe going back to the store to see if they can swap SIM cards?

Thanks!

@VictoriaM09   That should be an easy re-provision of the SIM card on PM side.  

As @esjliv  suggested, reply to the whole CS team and hope an more experienced and helped tech see it and will jump in and help.

Don't get upset, activation could be trouble occasionally.  Once you get through it, should be good

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

Thank you.  I have an agent who sent a message a few hours ago.  Nothing they suggested has helped.  Yes, VERY frustrated!!

I appreciate your help.

@VictoriaM09 

Be persistent. One CSA could be very different from another CSA.

Reply to the CS_Agent rather than an individual representative and hopefully you get a helpful agent.

Just like calling into call centers you only get quality of help with the ability of the person you are speaking to.

Maybe ask for a supervisor, if you are getting a run-a-around.

VictoriaM09

Thank you.  I have an agent who sent a message a few hours ago.  Nothing they suggested has helped.  Yes, VERY frustrated!!

I appreciate your help.

VictoriaM09

Just tried again in case I had to update the Carrier.  When I go to Software Updates, the only option is for Automatic Updates on.  If I click on that, I can select download iOS updates on or off, and Install iOS Updates on or off.  Not sure how to update it with the new carrier other than all of the reboots, etc. I have done?

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

We just updated the phone when we got it a few days ago.  And I just did the forced restart.

I'm thinking I need to cancel my account 😞

😞

@VictoriaM09 

This would be exacerbating, I agree.

If the SIM reacts the same in another phone, and it is not the iPhone 6s issue, this should be looked at by Customer Support Agents via submitting a ticket. 

Hopefully this is something they can correct on an account provisioning side of things, and your daughter will be up and running SOON.

VictoriaM09

We just updated the phone when we got it a few days ago.  And I just did the forced restart.

I'm thinking I need to cancel my account 😞

😞

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

When I call the number, I get the message "6UT1 - the number you are calling is not in service". 

When I try to call 611 from the phone, I get 3 beeps then nothing.

SO frustrated!!!

Thank you for your help!

@VictoriaM09  oh dear

Reply to the ticket you created yesterday...if sounds like you created one, I think?

If not, submit one.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@VictoriaM09  

Ensure your iphone 6s is UP to DATE.

Carrier settings updates let your carrier provider update carrier network and related settings to improve cellular network connectivity and performance.

1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
  2. Tap Customize Automatic Updates (or Automatic Updates). You can choose to automatically download and install updates.

When rebooting try a forced restart occasionally.

Performing a forced restart on an iPhone 6s:

Press and hold the Home button and Side buttons for 10 seconds.

The Apple logo should appear, indicating that you've successfully performed the forced restart.

VictoriaM09

When I call the number, I get the message "6UT1 - the number you are calling is not in service". 

When I try to call 611 from the phone, I get 3 beeps then nothing.

SO frustrated!!!

Thank you for your help!

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

I have rebooted.

When I go into messages and Facetime, the number is correct, but it has been "verifying" the number since last night?  For some reason it can't seem to verify it?

@VictoriaM09 

1. What happens when you call the new number? What is the message?
  2. Also, when you dial 611 from the Public Mobile device, what does it say?

Did you submit a ticket yesterday, when this all started?

Sorry to hear this is being a pain in the ***. Hopefully once this gets going it will be much smoother sailing.

VictoriaM09

I have rebooted.

When I go into messages and Facetime, the number is correct, but it has been "verifying" the number since last night?  For some reason it can't seem to verify it?

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

I tried changing the phone number and the problem went from not being able to call out, to not being able to call or receive and not being able to text???  

@VictoriaM09 

Reboot your phone.

Then go and make sure your phone number is set up on your iphone with steps previously mentioned:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Question-regarding-25-plan/m-p/721...

VictoriaM09

I tried changing the phone number and the problem went from not being able to call out, to not being able to call or receive and not being able to text???  

VictoriaM09

It's an iPhone 6s 

@VictoriaM09 

If it is a newer iPhone like the iPhone 11 & 12, there are issues with PM working on the phone.

You will need to program APN the phone to accept PM.

VictoriaM09

Yes, this is an iPhone. Thanks for clarifying!

The old phone number was still listed as the number for receiving messages. It’s taking forever to verify the new number! Maybe because it still isn’t active? I’ll do the FaceTime step next. 

Thank you!

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

So true the SIM card in another problem. Still getting the message that the number is not in service. At least it’s different than the message I got prior to changing the number!

I’m going to try again in the morning. 

thanks everyone!

@VictoriaM09 ,

IF you are not committed to that phone number, you could try changing the phone number through your Self Serve account to see if that triggers your account to work.

You can change your number 4 times every 30 days, if you wanted to.

Are all the other services working?

• Texting in/out
  • Data
  • Calling out?

VictoriaM09

Thanks! I’ve been corresponding with an agent as well. Still no luck!!!  

I appreciate the link. I’ll keep that handy!

VictoriaM09

I’m new to this, so not sure if a reply goes to the individual or if everyone on the string can see it?

SIM card on a different phone resulted in the same message, that the number is not in service. Here’s hoping it just takes time!

I’ll write again in the morning. Thanks everyone!

@VictoriaM09   I guess it is time to open a ticket with PM ..

(After you open a ticket with Customer Support Agent, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Customer Support Agent will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request Cusstomer Support Agent assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

VictoriaM09

So true the SIM card in another problem. Still getting the message that the number is not in service. At least it’s different than the message I got prior to changing the number!

I’m going to try again in the morning. 

thanks everyone!

Need Help? Let's chat.