cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Number transfer failed due to incorrect MEID

Neilla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey @CS_Agent! I also apparently made a mistake during my request to transfer my number by providing the incorrect MEID for my phone and have been advised the process failed. How do I go about providing the correct information to successfully transfer an existing number to public mobile?

Thanks you!

1 REPLY 1

@Neilla wrote:

Hey @CS_Agent! I also apparently made a mistake during my request to transfer my number by providing the incorrect MEID for my phone and have been advised the process failed. How do I go about providing the correct information to successfully transfer an existing number to public mobile?

It's not a MEID that you should be looking for.  I realize that the text message that Public Mobile sends says MEID, but they actually mean IMEI.  Whenever possible IMEI should be avoided, and account number be used instead.  Posting a message here will not get the attention of a customer support agent. You'll need to use the chatbot at https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html or use the Public Mobile app to open a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.