cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Number porting

PaulSta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to Port number from Bell, confirmed (Public mobile check) it can be ported. I entered my account # from Bell, everything seemed good.

Everything works great but it's a different #

The last 4 digits are different (the first 6 digits are correct)

now what?

who's error? Bell or Public?

12 REPLIES 12

PaulSta

The new number is already in use, when I call, someone answers, and it doesn't ring on my cell. 

After requesting a port, the Bell number should be cross referenced with the Bell account# I provided

I created ticket, how long would you estimate for a response? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PaulSta 

Possible explanation is typo of your Bell number.  PM setup you number on your account.  Since it is a wrong number and is not on your Bell account.  Therefore, Bell does not release a number which you did not own.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

@PaulSta  Do not port again. Submit a ticket to PM for help ASAP.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@PaulSta

wrote:

how do i port again?

Did you get a message that the "first" port was successful?Screenshot_20191229-155535.png

PaulSta

how do i port again?

PaulSta

the first 6 digits of my old numbered ported, but the last 4 digits are wrong  

Also, when I call the number that my cell is now registered to someone else answers

when I call from my cell, call display shows this new mixed up number

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To me it seems the transfer of your phone number was not successful. You mentioned your last four digits are different. This sounds to me like you got a new PM phone number ? 

Have you tried to port it again? 

@PaulSta wrote:

I haven't cancelled yet, wanted to confirm all ok first.

You said "The last 4 digits are different (the first 6 digits are correct)" on your first post. What did you mean "The last 4 digits are different? Did you get any error message when you are porting?

@PaulSta 

From what I understand of it, by reading many posts here, you probably don't need to cancel your Bell account, i.e. if the port goes through successfully, your Bell account is automatically cancelled.

That, and at first I was thinking that MAYBE you did a typo, but obviously you didn't just transpose a couple of digits when the last 4 are all different.

I suggest you hit up the Mods, by clicking on the question mark in the bottom, right corner, and explain the situation.

PaulSta

I haven't cancelled yet, wanted to confirm all ok first.

@PaulSta wrote:

I tried to Port number from Bell, confirmed (Public mobile check) it can be ported. I entered my account # from Bell, everything seemed good.

now what?

Did you cancelled your account in Bell? If you did then you can't port. When you port your number from Bell to PM, you account in Bell must be activated, otherwise can't port.

PaulSta

now what?

Need Help? Let's chat.