cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not able to send or receive phone calls OR contact support

amarwah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Honor 7x phone (Model BND-AL10). I'm able to use data (4G) and send text messages but not able to make or receive phone calls. Please suggest. However my plan offers me data speed of 3G.
Which preferred network type to use. I have 4 options being given :-

1) LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto

2) WCDMA/GSM auto

3) WCDMA only

4) GSM only

But when I chose the 3 options (except the 1st one) above, then there is no network availability.

11 REPLIES 11

WFB7733
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an LG Lte Model LG-P935 Telus phone that I set up with Public Mobile a few months ago.  Everything worked except for using the data I have.  I also am having trouble with the sim card and was told by another provider that it was not the right one for the phone.  I have not been able to use my phone since August 22,2019. I have never been able to use my data.  I need some help and someone to contact me about this.  Thanks Wendy . 

@amarwah wrote:

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Honor 7x phone (Model BND-AL10). I'm able to use data (4G) and send text messages but not able to make or receive phone calls. Please suggest. However my plan offers me data speed of 3G.
Which preferred network type to use. I have 4 options being given :-

1) LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto

2) WCDMA/GSM auto

3) WCDMA only

4) GSM only

But when I chose the 3 options (except the 1st one) above, then there is no network availability.

amarwah

Yes my old phone was also just one month old and I realized that its not going to be of use here. However data and SMS service was working fine but not voice calls. I bought a basic phone for now which is working ok.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mikedkwrote:

You can get a Galaxy A5 unlocked for about $400

@mikedk good info!  FYI, I think @amarwah has already picked up a new phone, based on a private message he or she sent me recently.  I don't know which model they ultimately chose, but it sounds like it's working well.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mikedk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can get a Galaxy A5 unlocked for about $400

srlawren

@amarwahwrote:

@srlawren :- Please suggest where to buy a decent Android mobile phone at a reasonable price in Toronto?

@amarwah I don't live in Toronto so I can't help you with Toronto specifically.  Basically you can pick up any phone that is intended for use in North America and it should work fine provided it's not locked to a carrier (other than Telus or Koodo).  There are a number of online sources, but you can also find a selection of affordable unlocked Android phones at Staples, Walmart, Best Buy, and often Costco (not a the mobile stand, but just in the electronics section), and probably other places too.  "Decent" and "reasonable price" are all very relative terms of course so it's hard to give you more specific advice here.  If you'd care to list out your needs, preferences, dislikes, and budget, we can try to offer more suggestions.

Also, be sure to check out this thread:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Where-can-I-buy-a-phone-to-use-with-P...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

amarwah

@srlawren :- Please suggest where to buy a decent Android mobile phone at a reasonable price in Toronto?

srlawren

@amarwah unfortunately that phone is not compatible with Public Mobile for calling. In fact, I don't believe it will work on ANY Canadian carrier for phone calls. Some overseas phones work on Rogers and Fido since they operate a legacy 2G GSM network but only on 850 and 1900 MHz which your phone lacks .It's clearly NOT intended for North American market unfortunately

amarwah

@srlawren :- Please find the specs of Honor 7x from official website, I purchased it from as follows:-

I purcased it in India.

Could you please suggest if this would work here?

OSAndroid
RAM4 GB
Item Weight163 g
Product Dimensions15.7 x 0.8 x 7.5 cm
Batteries:1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)
Item model numberBND-AL10
Wireless communication technologiesBluetooth, WiFi Hotspot
Connectivity technologiesGSM, (1800/900 MHz), HSPA+, 3G, (2100/900 MHz), 4G, LTE, FDD, TDD, GPRS, EDGE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz
Special featuresDual SIM, GPS, Music Player, Video Player, E-mail
Other camera features8MP
Form factorTouchscreen Phone
Weight163 Grams
ColourBlack
Battery Power Rating3340

srlawren

@amarwah unfortunately the IMEI check on Public Mobile's site is known for giving false positives.  I'm having a hard time finding accurate specs for BND-AL10.  Some sites list it as having both 850MHz and 1900MHz 3G frequencies but at least one only lists 850MHz.  This might be your issue.  Text and data can be delivered over LTE, so as long as you have a compatible LTE band in your area, those services will work.  But calling requires 3G so if you happen to be somewhere with no 850MHz coverage and your phone lacks 1900MHz 3G, this might explain it.  

Was this phone intended for the North American model or is it imported from Asia/Europe?

amarwah

@Anonymous :- I checked with the moderator and they mentioned that my phone has network frequency compatibility with Public Mobile's network. However the LTE data and Mesaging service is running fine! This is weird  😞

I checked my IMEI on the website and it mentioned that it should work. Disappointed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amarwah, Regarding the nework setting, I think that option 1 is the correct one.  As for why you can't make/receive phone calls, I'm not sure.  Are you sure your phone is fully compatible with Public mobile's network?  You can check willmyphonework.net

Need Help? Let's chat.