cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Iphone SE recently Purchased.

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Last Month I got Iphone Se so far so good , But when i make calls other people say cant her me because of too much

Static , How do i correct the situation of did I make mistake of getting phone from Public Mobile ?

Going to Telus shop in my area is of no help at all eventhough my phone came in a Telus Box.

9 REPLIES 9

sandalwood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hTideGnow @  yes here is the link  http://www.3u.com/ free download to scan all iOS phones and iPads etc. It will show everything from Manufacturing date and all serial numbers of the various parts in a iOS device. Shows charge cycles, battery health, crash reports, you can use it to add music, ringtones etc. Way way way better then iTunes for that purpose !! 

Hi @sandalwood interesting.  So 3uTools is free?? Other than check battery health, what else it can check?

And yes, PM/Koodo/Telus and Mobile Klinik all get the CPO phones from the same source.  I think they are ok.  Many people don't understand not all CPO phones are made the same., basically like used cars, depends on your luck.  But getting it here has 30 days return and 1 year warranty, so it is safer than buying via Kijiji or eBay

sandalwood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public sells CPO phones (certified pre owned) they have a 30 day return and 1 yr warranty. I have bought several CPO phones, One from Mobile Klinik (Telus) and one from Koodo (Telus). I lucked out as they were like new. I use a free software program called 3uTools. Attach your phone via the USB port and the lighting end to the phone and scan it with 3uTools. Both my phones Grading passed at 100% original and battery health in the low to mid 90's %. If your phone has been opened and repaired that may be the issue with the microphone. Hopefully all works out for you.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pankajjoshi 

When was it purchased? 30 days ago? A year ago?

Bring it into a Apple Genius store to checkout the problem it is easy to see if there was any water damage inside the SIM tray slot (red dot).

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pankajjoshi  - have you reviewed this area regarding warranty?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

In the above link there is an area to submit a ticket. I would submit one today, just to have one on record for a possible return, asap. Then work on troubleshooting or repair if this will solve the issue.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you're past the 30 day return period then the warranty repair place is MobileKlinik. Not Telus. If you're still within the 30 days then just return it.

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Telus Kiosk in my are Doesnt want to deal with it , they say deal with Pulic mobile 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pankajjoshi 

first, try resetting network connections to see if that makes any difference.

If available, try the public mobile SIM card in another device to see if you have the same issues.

This will determine whether it is a device or account/network problem.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pankajjoshi  if possible , try another active sim card on your phone to confirm if it is a device issue or account

You can also try to Reset the phone and see if it helps

and no worry, worst case you can ask for a refund if within 30 days or open a repair ticket with PM. And in fact, I think you can just drop by any Telus or MobileKlinik for repair (without even the ticket)

Need Help? Let's chat.