cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changing plans when previous plan hasn't ended.

Ingo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I needed a seasonal suspension over the winter months. As this is not an option offered by Public Mobile I let my plan expire and tried to renew and change my plan within the 90 days the account was still alive. I selected "change plan" on the account page and selected a new plan, payed the required fee for the plan. The web page had a comment saying you can change the plan now or on the next renewal date. However the only option offered was "change plan on next renewal date". When I try to select it, nothing really happened.  It seemed the only option was to reactivate the old plan and a change of plan was not possible.

Now Public Mobile has closed the account, the money I paid seems to be lost as I can not anymore access my old account.

I am very disappointed with Public Mobile, which collected the money for the new plan I had selected, but never allowed my to activate the new plan and just closed the account. I hope that this is a flaw in their web page and that they will correct  this.

If required I can supply my account details to a moderator, so that my account can be re-opened. Any advise would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

@Ingo You cannot change your plan while suspended without contacting the moderators.

Some reading on the topic of suspending service: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ky01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Ingowrote:

I needed a seasonal suspension over the winter months. As this is not an option offered by Public Mobile I let my plan expire and tried to renew and change my plan within the 90 days the account was still alive. I selected "change plan" on the account page and selected a new plan, payed the required fee for the plan. The web page had a comment saying you can change the plan now or on the next renewal date. However the only option offered was "change plan on next renewal date". When I try to select it, nothing really happened.  It seemed the only option was to reactivate the old plan and a change of plan was not possible.

Now Public Mobile has closed the account, the money I paid seems to be lost as I can not anymore access my old account.

I am very disappointed with Public Mobile, which collected the money for the new plan I had selected, but never allowed my to activate the new plan and just closed the account. I hope that this is a flaw in their web page and that they will correct  this.

If required I can supply my account details to a moderator, so that my account can be re-opened. Any advise would be appreciated.

I would definitely recommend you to send a message to the moderators explaning your situation and provide them with your account details.

Click here to send a message to the moderators

Need Help? Let's chat.