cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIDICULOUS Customer Service.

em19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The process in contacting Public Customer Support is TERRIBLE. JUST TERRIBLE.

Through my account I click live chat, that sends me to a bot, that when I click "contact us" responds with LOG IN even though I was already logged into my account, I click on log in only to have a second window appear and not load but just flash over and over "checking".

Purpose of my attempt to contact is that no where under My Account do I see payment options. I see payment history, and on my credit card statement I see my card being charged, but nowhere do I see options to change my payment method or cancel my service (only continue service - subscribe now or in 90 days).

When I set up the account I did NOT choose the subscribe option, I also did NOT authorize automatic payments to my credit card that has happened the last two months. I was also NOT compensated for the initial week of service where I did NOT have service since Public somehow assigned another providers number to my esim. 

KINDLY:

Refund the portion of payment where Public Moblie was NOT providing service but received financial compensation.

Remove any saved credit cards under my account.

Cancel the service as of the next billing cycle.

Thank you.

P.S. now I'm already over 45 minutes into trying to get a resolution (which I have to send this message off unknowing how long a reply and therefore a resolution will take) BUT NOW a requirement of the message is "send to" - send to public mobile customer service is not a defaulted option. How much time and effort will I now spend trying to figure out how to send a message to customer service since I can't call or live chat, what other nook and cranny do I have to look at because the "Contact us", "log in" doesn't work, so then try through a community forum to send a private message, then oh nvm we won't add "send to" information you would need, and nope, can't reply to the previous thread where getting in touch with the service provider was also an issue; on top of my account not having evident access to edit or cancel payments or service. 

16 REPLIES 16

em19

Oh look at that - after ALL this round about

My account> subscriptions & add ons > change subscription (options: subscription usage, addon usage, change subscription) > (options "switch to 90 day subscription now", or "switch to 90 day subscription on renewal"

My account >  payments > (options: view payment history, redeem payment voucher, manage subscription) manage subscription > unsubscribe,  manage payment method 

em19_0-1720477742785.png

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oh, that's not a Public Mobile employee who edited your post, it was one of the very few Oracle's we have in the community who are actual customers as well. Like the rest of us, they cannot access customers accounts (from what I know) but they can edit posts, usually for clean up, for example applying more accurate tags for later searches

@em19 wrote:

Interesting, suppose to not be any public mobile employees here and yet my original post was edited - NOT by me.

em19_0-1720476180183.png

I am not a Public Mobile employee.  In the original post, every possible label was selected.  I changed the category label to allign with the topic of discussion.

em19

Interesting, suppose to not be any public mobile employees here and yet my original post was edited - NOT by me.

em19_0-1720476180183.png

em19

Yup.

Why do we need to cycle through multiple registered accounts (Public Mobile My Account, and Community Account), to assume the "Send to" address, guess which links or browsers we need to use in the chatbot. Why don't they have a contact us page with all the correct information - LITERALLY hundreds, THOUSANDS of other companies have a functioning "contact us" tab or chat function.

em19

Prior to responding kindly read the original posts in full. In this case I had wrote " ... I was also NOT compensated for the initial week of service where I did NOT have service since Public somehow assigned another providers number to my esim."

SO if I was able to use it for those "couple of days" (which it was more than a couple) and was "not happy with it" then that's one thing, but I had NO service, ZERO, for more than a couple of days. 

em19

Smaller problems sure, where are the instructions to troubleshoot the larger problems if we can't talk to anyone by phone, chat, or in person, potentially waiting hours on end for a response, and that response can include "please provide me with your name and phone number to confirm your account" even though you're messaging from your registered account. The screenshot was from my last issue when I opened the account online and the phone had no service since apparently they assigned a Telus number

em19_0-1720474959124.png

em19_1-1720475075855.png

em19_2-1720475230463.png

Note for the last screenshot it was a new number and not a port attempt, I never received the mentioned voicemail, and also just noticed looks like the support was sent from someone's personal email instead of from telus - professional.... oopsie.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you tried Incognito mode?? i found using it has better success 

em19

I was able to log into my community account, just going through my account> chatbot > log in didn't work. Why would I want to go through the hassle of  resetting my password every time. Also, a message like that is exactly what I was saying should be displayed somewhere visibly under "contact us", not in an "only if you're having issues press reset your password and then we'll give you addressing information." 

slusagm

I have to agree it is not clear

if you use the Chatbot and when then ask you if you can login and you said no, you will be offered a link to your community inbox, then you still have to type CS_Agent on the Send to line

slusagm_0-1720464062163.png

no excuse that it is not clear, So, I need to bookmark the link provided by @eddieO  as well

eddieO

@em19, to be honest I'm not sure why the "CS_Agent" name is not being defaulted in there. We are all customers here in the community (no Public Mobile employees here) so we don't have access to customer's accounts but this is a great place for troubleshooting smaller problems

@em19 

PM is a prepaid provider and not postpaid like others

if you have not used the service at all, then refund is possible.  But if you activated and used for couple days and not happy with it, then it likely not.  But of course, this is up to PM's agent to decide.  Understand you have sent then a message already, you can ask them when they reply your message

em19

eddieO

Thank you for the link to send a message to customer support - doing that now. The chatbot just loops with no resolution.

Rhetorical question - am I suppose to know that "CS_Agent" was my missing information from the "Send To" field? Why isn't this information easily visibly accessible.

eddieO

You can open a ticket through the Chatbot: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

em19

A refund not possible? How come? Other communication companies give you a prorated credit for days their service was down and the customer was unable to access it and use what they were paying for. Why would we pay for a service we aren't able to use? If they had a physical location I would have went in correction - I did go in and call stores that showed up as Public Mobile on Google (since they weren't removed). Had I been able to access customer support the first day then obviously no refund since my service would be working, but it wasn't, nor was it possible to reach anyone in a timely manner to get the service up and running. 

Please provide a link to open a ticket. They do not make it easy to find a legit "CONTACT US" option. When I did go to send a direct message (since that's where the chatbot told me to go) there was no option to open a ticket. 

slusagm

if you want to removed the credit card and cancel the services as of next cycle, yes, doable

refund?  not so

but all these, you have to talk to PM.  Just open a ticket like what you have done earlier

Need Help? Let's chat.