cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Certified pre-owned phones bought through Public Mobile

IMISSBEINGAKID
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Are certified pre-owned phones brought from Public Mobile unlocked? If I buy the phone, can I use it with another phone provider?

Also if you have bought a certified pre-owned phone from Public Mobile have you encountered any issues? If so, what kind have issues have you encountered?

I am thinking about buying a certified phone as a Christmas gift for a family member so any information is appreciated. The phone I am interested about purchasing is the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G.

9 REPLIES 9

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

sounds good, i would like to have a spare phone for the family just in case someone's gets smashed LOL

@yackinlyn   I wouldn't say they are cheaper, I would say it is peace of mind.  You know the phone you got is won't be blacklisted for sure.   There are so many stories you can find on the Community that "new" phone people got from different marketplaces are blacklisted.  Some stories about they used the phone for months and suddenly got blacklisted (likely the original seller finally left the carrier with an unpaid bill) 

On top of a "clean" phone, you have 30 days full refund if you like.  Also a full year of warranty, so pretty much like a new phone warranty

But.. check the price carefully and check everywhere.  We did see couple Samsung CPO phones was just $10 cheaper than getting brand new from Samsung site.   In such case, of course it is better to get a brand new phone

yackinlyn

guys,  what do you think about the prices of those pre-owned phones, are they cheaper than other sellers?thanks

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @IMISSBEINGAKID fully unlockes.  but honest, not sure if they will ship it in time for xmas

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@IMISSBEINGAKID wrote:

Hi,

Are certified pre-owned phones brought from Public Mobile unlocked? If I buy the phone, can I use it with another phone provider?

Also if you have bought a certified pre-owned phone from Public Mobile have you encountered any issues? If so, what kind have issues have you encountered?

I am thinking about buying a certified phone as a Christmas gift for a family member so any information is appreciated. The phone I am interested about purchasing is the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G.

All PM sold the phones are unlocked. You can use with other provider, because it's unlocked. I purchased iPhone 8 Plus from PM on Sep 6 so far so good, no problem at all.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@IMISSBEINGAKID , I have seen the odd post here and there about refurbished phones requiring warranty work.  My guess is they are relatively rare.  That said there is a full 1 year warranty, so you can shop with confidence.  

farmbot

I have bought 2 different phones from publicmobile refurbushed.

Both fully unlocked functional and like new condition.

Happy with purchase.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes they're unlocked. Yes it can be used anywhere compatible. We get the odd complaints here of not very good batteries or no charger stuff (cable or wart) or simply doesn't turn on. Even no sim card even though the marketing says one is included. There's a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@IMISSBEINGAKID 

Yes, all the phones are unlocked and can be used at any provider.

Yes, they are good and I haven't had any problem with them.  Don't worry.

They also, come with a one year warranty and 30 day return policy, which is pretty good for the phones.

Need Help? Let's chat.