cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question porting number in from Koodo Prepaid

stitchintim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to use the chatbot for help submitting a ticket to port a number from a Koodo Prepaid account to an activated Public Mobile account.

The form for submitting a ticket asks for the IMEI used with the old provider and the account number with the old provider. I have both of those and entered them.

The form also asks for a SIM number (or NA if using eSIM). Based on the language pattern, I assume this means the SIM number for the activated Public Mobile account, NOT the SIM number used with the old provider. But when I try to submit the form with all this information filled out, it returns an error message that does not suggest any specific reason for the error.

In the SIM number field, am I supposed to enter the SIM number used with the old service provider? If so, the language on the form should maintain the pattern of mentioning "old provider" in the description of that field to make it clear.

3 REPLIES 3

hi @stitchintim 

no, no sim card # needed.  They just need to know your Koodo account number and of course your PM account (which they will know when you submit the ticket)

yes, IMEI presented first and people usually put it in, but we saw many more help request because they put in IMEi, so, account number is safer

stitchintim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For future reference, I'd still like to know whether the ticket form for porting from Koodo Prepaid expects the SIM number for the activated Public Mobile account (which the form language seems to imply) or if it actually expects the SIM number for the old provider (Koodo Prepaid).

Also, FYI, the version of the ticket form I encountered has separate fields for IMEI used with old provider and account number for old provider. It presents IMEI first, without any language about it being optional, then presents account number below it, with language saying it is optional.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @stitchintim 

use account number and not IMEI.  Although IMEI might work, it has problem all the time, account number is a safer one

But if you don't want to fill out the whole form, just submit ticket for porting help by messaging :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.