cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the $40/6k koodo offer

phoenix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know if you do this deal if koodo is going to do a credit check?

One of the big draws that brought be to PM was that there was no credit check.  Don't get me wrong my credit is fine, but there is a lock on my account from equifax because someone some how signed up with my information to both rogers and bell and set racked up a lot of phone debt that I had to get sorted out maybe 4 years ago.  When I tried oter phone companies before I found PM they would do a credit check but they wouldn't go through the extra step with calling equifax to verify it was me.

So now I am curious if I decide I want to try to move over because I am not sure what is going to happen, if they are going to put me through that b.s. again

8 REPLIES 8

texwood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did the migration over the web.  It asked for the driver's licence number and credit card number.  I too have an Equifax caution under my file, but they didn't require me to call back or asked me to conduct seconary checks; I got the SIM card via mail 2 days after.

I had an issue with activiating the account over the web, so I called in and the rep went through the activiation process; half hour later I'm on Koodo.

Wodhard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Pheonix i just talk to koodo rep 15min ago and they require id and a credit check. 

phoenix

@will13am the problem was not bad credit, but a securiity flag equifax put on my account.  I ended up doing it but it took forever.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Koodo does a hard credit check.  Four years is long enough to repair a credit impairment.  Doesn't hurt to give it a try. 

phoenix

don't really want to go but, I want to keep what  I have and I don't trust pm is going to up the fees

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, I think all phone companies with postpaid plans will do a credit check if you plan to sign up with them. Public Mobile is a prepaid phone company. That's probably why they do not do credit checks.

phoenix

If they put me through the b.s. I was put through again I will be very angry

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@phoenixwrote:

Does anyone know if you do this deal if koodo is going to do a credit check?

One of the big draws that brought be to PM was that there was no credit check.  Don't get me wrong my credit is fine, but there is a lock on my account from equifax because someone some how signed up with my information to both rogers and bell and set racked up a lot of phone debt that I had to get sorted out maybe 4 years ago.  When I tried oter phone companies before I found PM they would do a credit check but they wouldn't go through the extra step with calling equifax to verify it was me.

So now I am curious if I decide I want to try to move over because I am not sure what is going to happen, if they are going to put me through that b.s. again

YES. They do credit checks. In your case, you may have more luck directly at Koodo where you might be able to negotiate something.

PM me if you need a refferal

Need Help? Let's chat.