cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Public Mobile Service and Referral Program

collin1215
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey guys, before I switch to PM I just have a few questions...

1) Since there aren't any contracts, am I able to switch plans without additonal costs? For example, when a promo pops up, am I able to switch to it? 

2)For the referral program, do both parties receive the discount or is it only the person who got referred? 

Thanks!!

8 REPLIES 8

ASharpTM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Mana wrote:

Also make sure that the number you enter in the referral section will remain the same.  if it's required porting in, make sure it's already ported in and will not change before entering in the referral section. Otherwise, you may have referral being lost issue that some people have experienced. 

Just to add to this, while your referral might 'get lost' in this scenario, you can always opt to PM a moderator or to use the contact us form to alert Public Mobile staff. They should be able to sort out the lost referral for you.

Also make sure that the number you enter in the referral section will remain the same.  if it's required porting in, make sure it's already ported in and will not change before entering in the referral section. Otherwise, you may have referral being lost issue that some people have experienced. 

collin1215

I'll keep that in mind when I sign up. Thanks!

Watch for that in the signup process.  If you, or your friend misses it, it is lost.

if it fails due to an error, you can ask for it to be corrected by a moderator.

My friend had this error when he signed up, my number was a recent port, and was not a valid referring number.  I'm hoping to see the referral reward soon, as it was missed 88 days ago.

collin1215

Yes thank you!! 

If I am an existing customer, I tell you to sign up, you must use my phone number when you sign up, to get me the credit.

so I referred you, but you need to tell Public Mobile I did it.

i hope that helps.

collin1215

Sorry, just having troubles understanding the referral part of the answer.

Let's say a friend refers my number, who gets the credit? 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hello, and welcome.

You can change plans at no cost, at the end of your payment cycle.  If you want an immediate change, you must pay full price for the change, and lose any remaining service in your current cycle. 

I believe eve this is the first promo that has allowed future dated plan changes outside a promo period.  Example, a month long promo, but existing customer on 90 day plan expiring after end.  I do not know if it will exist again, but it might.

For the friend referral, only the referring customer gets the credit at this time.  Who knows what may happen in the future.

Need Help? Let's chat.