cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question RE: Setting Up APN Settings on an Iphone 4 using www.unlockit.co.nz

ninaboo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A family member recently switched to PM and can't get their data to work on their Iphone 4. From what I've read they need to use www.unlockit.co.nz to install the proper APN setting, but when they go to the site and begin following the steps they are asked for a 4-digit passcode. Does anyone no what passcode they are referring to?

6 REPLIES 6

ninaboo

@Luddite wrote:

@ninaboo The 4 digit PIN is likely the PIN you set up to unlock the phone. Just to confirm, as you have likely done it correctly, the procedure is to the connect the iPhone to wifi, use Safari to connect to unlockit, follow the prompts to install the APN for Public Mobile. 

It's a while since I've done it but I recall the phone "asking" for permission to install it.

You are able to make calls/texts ok?

You are correct! I thought that's what it would be but for some reason it kept saying it was incorrect, so then I couldn't think of what it would be. After the fourth attempt at putting in the same passcode ( I know I was doing it the same each time as I have witnesses ) it accepted it and the cellular data is now working on the phone. Thanks!

@ninaboo Your are correct that a Telus phone does not need to be unlocked for PM. If you do ever wish to have unlocked, PM will do it free: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Unlocking-Your-Phone/ta-p/5237

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ninaboo IPhone 4S APN settings cannot be updated manually! You are on the right path to create a new APN network... after you unlock it as suggested.

@ninaboo The 4 digit PIN is likely the PIN you set up to unlock the phone. Just to confirm, as you have likely done it correctly, the procedure is to the connect the iPhone to wifi, use Safari to connect to unlockit, follow the prompts to install the APN for Public Mobile. 

It's a while since I've done it but I recall the phone "asking" for permission to install it.

You are able to make calls/texts ok?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ninaboo

@Anonymous wrote:

@ninaboo, If the iPhone is locked, and locked to another carrier, the other carrier (if Canadian) must unlock it for free.

After that, you might need to set up the network connection (APN settings).  Check the following link for info regarding APN settings: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartphone/td-p/3

Phone is locked to Telus.

One can not manually configure the APN settings on the Iphone 4, I have already tried following the steps as out lined in the link and it will not allow me to change the APN.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ninaboo, If the iPhone is locked, and locked to another carrier, the other carrier (if Canadian) must unlock it for free.

After that, you might need to set up the network connection (APN settings).  Check the following link for info regarding APN settings: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Need Help? Let's chat.