cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased data

karber
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased $20 of US data this morning and I have been billed on my visa for it but it’s not on my phone I’m now in Hawaii with no data 

35 REPLIES 35

karber

Thanks for that information definitely makes life a heck of a lot easier 

JanetteG

Yes I do, much easier to have an Aussie phone number while we’re there. 

karber

Janette could you tell me, in Australia do you just buy a new Australian SIM card and use it in your phone then just switch back when you come home??

JanetteG

Thanks! Yes all good there, I have a prepaid sim waiting for me in Australia. Just easier in the US to do a roaming add-on for the few days we’re there. Really appreciate you putting my mind at ease!

thanks @karber  for confirming

@JanetteG   enjoy your trip. But make sure you aware there is no roaming in Australia.  So, you need local prepaid data there

JanetteG

This is great news! Makes things much simpler while we're there. We're just in Honolulu for a few days on our way to Australia. Can't wait for the gorgeous weather!

karber

hi I’m assuming you mean the voice talk option on phones to talk text, yes all phone options worked fine 

HI @karber   does voice also work there?

karber

hi, I’m actually in Honolulu area and it worked great! There’s a few spots on island that it didn’t work well such as the north shore,Waialua and Haleiwa very spotty areas but from airport all around Honolulu,Waikiki, Hawaii Kai it works beautiful. Enjoy your trip, it’s average temperatures is 80 daily 🏝👏

JanetteG

Hey there, off-topic but I’m heading to Hawaii in a few weeks and wondering if your roaming worked well (outside of the top up issues)? I’ll be in Honolulu. Thanks 🙂

karber

thank you very very much for all your help I will do exactly that and you cleared it up for me I see my error on this 🤪🥰

Well...no you didn't. You had said you have the balance. ie. not bought. Even though you of course think you did and it really should have if it wasn't for the stupid 24 hour thing.

Get in to the chatbot, click on yes you're a customer, click on sign in, log in, click on Manage my account. Now you can wander around some options by clicking on the buttons.

If you kind of fall out of the button navigation then it can be tricky getting back.

But again, the same 24 hour thing exists for the 3-part bundle. Or use my options mentioned.

Or ask support.

karber

no I rebought this morning at 7:30 because I figured this was day 11 and I just assumed that the 10 day ran out at midnight last night, I would have gladly given *611 my 4 digit but I didn’t even make it that far, I clicked the link that was sent for support and ended up talking with you so my bad I thought this was support lol excuse me for my ignorance this is my first phone only 2 years ago and I’m 68 so I’m learning or not lol I’ll try that chat thing and see where I get with it, I thank you for your patience and help 

Ah. iphone. Are you manually connected to T-Mobile? Again, I thought you said you had re-bought the 3-part bundle. Not the attempt at 7:30. More recently. Unless I mis-read.

You would need your 4 digit account pin to use 611 to buy add-ons.

You could try the chatbot login method though. There you could see what add-ons you have. Your balance etc. And buy add-ons. But the same 24 hour problem would exist.

And did you ever contact support as suggested much earlier?

Once you can verify exactly what add-ons you have then you could choose to buy the 2-part bundle and maybe a bucket of data. But not the 3-part bundle.

karber

I can text at the moment because I have wifi but I can’t call just telling me that my plan has run out and to call *611 or login to my account and actually when I tried *611 it said my call can’t be completed…. It’s a hair puller 

lol Indeed you are. Can you call out and in? Can you text out? Does mobile data work? I wouldn't tempt trouble with trying to buy something again.

Private mode, secret mode, incognito mode. All browser modes to limit site shenanigans.

karber

I did repurchase I thought I would try again because at this point I don’t care if I get billed twice as long as one of them works lol, I’m sorry I don’t know what this private mode is? I’m also trying to log in to account from phone and iPad it’s just not my day 🤪

Try a different browser or device or use private mode.

I thought you said you did re-purchase.

karber

also when I try now to go to my account anything I try to do it just says page expired or error or we can’t help you, I can login it says hello Karen and takes it time loading my plan and usage and then give’s me nothing but grief past this point, I can’t even repurchase if I want to,

There's the 3-part bundle, the 2-part bundle, all the different data buckets, the individual talk and individual text.

Other than needing to be active (and not on a short-lived plan from a few years ago) your plan has no bearing on roaming.

Have you looked at current plans lately? You might not be getting very good value from that old $30 plan.

karber

I’m not sure what you mean? It’s either a $15 US add on or a $20 US add on roaming package to my existing $30 month plan so I choose the 20 add on US roaming plan 

And it shows in your add-ons area? And it all works? If so then great. I guess you found your 24 hours after the expiry of your first one.

karber

I have my monthly plan for 2yrs now so I just went to my account and purchased the 20$ US roaming add on 

You said data add-on. So you got the bundle? Yes, the attempt to buy it this morning did not work due to this super goofy problem. It has been this way as long as I've been here.

You can however get the different bundle. Or individual parts.

karber

ohh well that makes sense, but does that mean that the add on I purchased this morning is no good because I tried to use it to order Uber and I couldn’t also couldn’t make a phone call 

So you had originally bought that earlier add-on at midnight 240 hours prior? It's an actual 240 hours. Not the end of a 24 hour day 10 days after you bought it.

karber

thanks very much!,

karber

yes correct the amount is sitting in my balance,the first add on expired at midnight last night and I purchased at 7:30am today 

Yeah the re-buy has been a problem. So you have the amount in your balance right? Can you nail down whether you waited a full 24 hours from the previous 240 hours?

@karber   it is weird, it is trouble, there is a 24 hours wait time needed to re-purchase the same roaming add-on 

But no worry, open ticket with PM Support and they can make things right again, they can activate the new one you just got

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.