cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased a new subscription- Need help on changing from physical SIM card to e-sim card

Sapkotaprem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My name is Prem, I have subscribed to a plan using my email ID, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

while purchasing the plan it was showing me that it takes 2 working days to get the sim delivered to my address but later on customer service agent said it takes upto 2 weeks depending on conditions. I have already put a request to disconnect my old phone number hence I need the new on faster. My device is compatible for e-sim hence I would like to cancel the physical SIM card and subscribe for e-sim card please. 

4 REPLIES 4

@Sapkotaprem wrote:

Thanks for your response.

what I really wanted to know was how can I get e -sim instead of physical SIM card? I have already paid for physical SIM card and it's on the transit for delivery but I want e-sim now.

@Sapkotaprem  - submit a ticket with CSA, or go through this link to help you activate an ESIM: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Then, when your physical sim comes in, keep it for future use. If you ever get a new phone or need to switch phones you can do a sim swap on your account through My Account with it. Or, give it to a friend for a referral.

Some info here on esims: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Sapkotaprem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your response.

what I really wanted to know was how can I get e -sim instead of physical SIM card? I have already paid for physical SIM card and it's on the transit for delivery but I want e-sim now.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you want to keep your old number then you should not be requesting to disconnect. The old provider will close the account upon successful transfer.

You could also find a store near you that has sims. Click on the Pick up a sim card link down below to find a store and then call ahead for stock.

@Sapkotaprem wrote:

while purchasing the plan it was showing me that it takes 2 working days to get the sim delivered to my address but later on customer service agent said it takes upto 2 weeks depending on conditions. I have already put a request to disconnect my old phone number hence I need the new on faster. My device is compatible for e-sim hence I would like to cancel the physical SIM card and subscribe for e-sim card please. 

Please remember that any messages posted here can be seen by anyone and your contact informatin shouldn't be shown to everyone.

I suspect that you're going to need to await arrival of your SIM card to finalize the activation before being able to change to an eSIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.