cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public points

WolverineCaz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is it worth switching from from Rewards to Public Points? I currently get $2 pre-authorised payments, $2 loyalty & $2 refer a friend? Also, can I still get money off my bills if I help out in the Community section if i'm still on Rewards instead of Public Points? 

8 REPLIES 8

@kylemartins0826 wrote:

I personally wouldn't change unless you are spending over $40 on a plan. My plan is only $30 and I get $6 off each month!

Can't get much better.

It doesn't matter which plan a customer is on. The points system is worse for all of them. This is because of the loss of pre-authroized payment reward and the severe decrease in loyalty rewards isn't made up by the new points system.  There are ponits earned for buying add-ons, but if a customer is on the ideal plan, add-ons generally wouldn't be purcahsed anyway.

kylemartins0826
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I personally wouldn't change unless you are spending over $40 on a plan. My plan is only $30 and I get $6 off each month!

Can't get much better.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@WolverineCaz   not worth to at all.

While you might be able to get more with the 5% points back for giving up the $2 autopay discount , this is only true if you have plan > $40

the main loss is the Loyalty reward.  You are saving $24 /year now, and will get more next year, but with Public Points, you are only earning 10 Points ( = $10) every year regardless of the time you have been with PM

Here is a summary , old vs new:

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

@WolverineCaz wrote:

If I participate in the community, do I get any rewards though? 

Yes. How many rewards you will get depend on how many bravos you will get or something like, I really don't know.

@WolverineCaz yes you can still earn rewards if you participate

WolverineCaz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If I participate in the community, do I get any rewards though? 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@WolverineCaz wrote:

Is it worth switching from from Rewards to Public Points? I currently get $2 pre-authorised payments, $2 loyalty & $2 refer a friend? Also, can I still get money off my bills if I help out in the Community section if i'm still on Rewards instead of Public Points? 

Don't change. Just let PM show you the money.😀

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@WolverineCaz hi please don't switch you will lose more than you will gain including 2 dollar auto pay each month plus your loyalty rewards,yes you can still participate in the community also there is no switching back 

Need Help? Let's chat.