cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile

Marcodesanto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Who owns public mobile i am with rogers right now and I'm wondering if the service will be the same.

6 REPLIES 6

@makkahn28 wrote:

Honestly, I think that the Big "4" need to Just have 2 Brands, with the Main Name like Bell, Rogers, Telus, Videotron Offering Phones Only for Purchase

Bell, Telus, Rogers, Videotron offering Phones and Maintaining the Tower Networks

Koodo, Virgin Mobile, Fido, Freedom Mobile being the Postpaid

Public Mobile, Lucky, Chatr, Fizz being the Prepaid

This way, more streamlined as too many times they poach their Flanker Brands to switch, and this causes lot's of issues and complaints

Better to Just keep it to 1 of each, and this way to avoid all these confusing issues

But then it would be obvious to everybody, and not only the people who do their homework, that it's only pretend-competition... Can't have that!

\sarcasm

Honestly, I think that the Big "4" need to Just have 2 Brands, with the Main Name like Bell, Rogers, Telus, Videotron Offering Phones Only for Purchase

Bell, Telus, Rogers, Videotron offering Phones and Maintaining the Tower Networks

Koodo, Virgin Mobile, Fido, Freedom Mobile being the Postpaid

Public Mobile, Lucky, Chatr, Fizz being the Prepaid

This way, more streamlined as too many times they poach their Flanker Brands to switch, and this causes lot's of issues and complaints

Better to Just keep it to 1 of each, and this way to avoid all these confusing issues

Actually, for Postpaid = Monthly/ Prepaid = Pay in advance for 30/ 60/90 Services 

Bell, Virgin Mobile Offer Both Post/ Prepaid, Lucky Prepaid Only

Rogers, Fido, Chatr, Both Post/ Prepaid

Telus, Koodo, Both Post/ Prepaid, Public Mobile Prepaid Only

Videotron, Freedom Mobile Being Both Post/ Prepaid, Fizz Mobile Prepaid Only

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Marcodesanto I switched from Rogers 4 years ago.  I only wish I had found Public Mobile sooner.  I really don't miss spending hours on the phone disputing the overcharges from Rogers wireless.  

Public has truly been a blessing and I get much more for much less money. 😁

If you enjoy the savings and service like I do, you can refer friends and save even more.  My $39 phone plan is free every month thanks to referrals. 

DDM69_0-1685706866344.jpeg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Marcodesanto 

PM is owned by Telus and it uses Telus and Bell network.  Service, like network signals, can be different, especially if you are in rural area.. Of course if you are in major cities like Toronto and Vancouver , then service should be somewhat the same, but the locations of the different network towers can still make significant difference in network reception 

Also, the phone you have now could have different performance as the bands in your phone might be fully compatible with Rogers now but might be just partially compatible here or not compatible at all with PM, especially if your phone is not a Canadian model and is an imported phone

Since PM uses Telus-Bell network, I can only say the network service is as good as Telus/Bell/Koodo/Virgin/Lucky. But to compare with Rogers network service, you have to tell us what phone you are using (brand and model) and wherr you are (city and province).  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Marcodesanto 

PM is the 3rd tier of Telus similar to Chatr with Rogers.

Advantage with PM is offering 3G, 4G and 5G. Plus access to your account with the PM app.

PM is an online service so customer service is done through this public forum and private messaging with a CS_Agent. This may not be for everyone that is not technically minded. Key is patience dealing with a CS_Agent to reply by by pm.

The service is based on your location of the cell towers in your area.

Coverage map:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage?&&&&ds_rl=1268486&gad=1&ds_rl=1268486&gclid=CjwKCAjwpuajBhBpE... 

Need Help? Let's chat.