Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile renewal plan issue urgent help

Oligrassi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
My phone renewed plan 82$ plan today
And I can't place calls or receive calls
Says "the call cannot be completed at this time you don't have active long distance add on" I'm calling local number and I do have long distance plan Canada US and I also purchased 400 minutes add on just to make a call from my phone. Still no luck, money is gone and service not provided thank you public mobile
I'm desperate cause I need phone for work.
Help!!!!!!
6 REPLIES 6

novinka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you PM - I now have full service.  Problem was corrected within a couple of hours.  Thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@novinka please see here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calls-and-texts-not-working-error-msg-s... I just heard from the moderators that this was an outage and should be resolved now.  Could you please try again?  If still not working, try rebooting your phone and test again.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

novinka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I paid for a 3 month plan, am in the middle of.  have plenty of data left.  

• This plan includes: -
  • - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk
  • - 3GB at 3G Speed /90 Days
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

Today I cannot make any calls at all - message states that I do not have a long distance add on  (which I do have in the plan) - even though I am trying to make 416 and othe local calls.  Please help

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Oligrassi

Thank you for reaching out to us.

This was due to a simple glitch, but I have restored your services and everything has been resolved.

Please reboot your phone and test your services 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Oligrassi,

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue.  You are correct that support at PM is online only, and there is no contact centre you can call for assistance.  This is their model and part of how they keep the plan costs low for us customers.  This is all noted on the website, but a lot of people seem to overlook that and expect to be able to call for help. 

If you sign into self-serve, on the overivew page (the first page you get when you sign in), is your account status showing as Active, or something else?  Have you tried powering off your phone, removing your SIM card (and battery, if it's removable), waiting 60 seconds or more, and then reinserting the SIM card (and battery, if applicable) and powering on the phone?  If this does not resolve it and your account shows as Active status, then unfortunately you will have to wait to be contacted by @Mary_M sometime tomorrow.  Mary is a PM employee that can check your account in their system and resolve any issues that may exist in the renewal.  Thank you for your patience.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Oligrassi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Also there is no single customer service phone number provided. I'm lucky I don't dying. Thank you Telus !!!!
For buying Public mobile, shutting down retail stores and firing all live agents for assistance. Proud to be ripped Canadian
Need Help? Let's chat.