cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points

Jesse6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it worth signing up for public points? I have a 15$ plan with $2 autopay $1 loyalty discount. With the 5% back that would be 0.75$

20 REPLIES 20

ashleyau
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@softech ... Awesome!  Thank you!

@ashleyau Yes, you can.  You need to redeem it first.  Once PM processed the request to redeem, it will add the fund to your My Account as Available Fund, in your case  if you request 2x$15, $30 will show up in the Available Fund.  When renewal time comes, PM will take the fund from there, then any outstanding, if any, will be taken from your CC.

Please give at least 3 days before your renewal day to redeem the points. I might even do it earlier, like a week.  But even you miss this renew, once the fund is added to My Account, even you missed this renewal, it can still be used on the next one.

ashleyau

@softech That means I can apply 2x15 points into $30 bill credit in one billing cycle?

ashleyau

That means I can apply 2x15 points into $30 bill credit in one billing cycle?

@ashleyau No limit, you just redeem 15 points into $15 bill credit.  It might take around 2 days for it to convert

ashleyau

Hi ...  I would like to know if there's any limit to pay my bill with my public points in one billing cycle?

Thanks.

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jesse6 

From what I have read the majority of members agree that staying on the points program is best. That's what I plan on doing is just staying with rewards.

@BeachNBeer wrote:

@Jesse6 As said to each their own lol but great call on "Beyond PM pool". Telus has points system to, not Koodo (well don't see it on my Koodo account). Maybe Telus clients are in the pool 🤷🏻‍♂️ Googling it looks like Telus having a draw April 8th for 5 iPhone 13 pros. But maybe they also have this iPhone 13 draw wiith PM. 

Maybe, Public does have a draw on that same date. Maybe, it's a draw with all entries from all of Telus, Koodo, and Public.  There could be a draw next year, or it could be when Public has received a pre-determinted amount of entries.  No one really knows and I think that's the point.  I wouldn't understand anyone buying into something without knowing what's being bought into.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jesse6 As said to each their own lol but great call on "Beyond PM pool". Telus has points system to, not Koodo (well don't see it on my Koodo account). Maybe Telus clients are in the pool 🤷🏻‍♂️ Googling it looks like Telus having a draw April 8th for 5 iPhone 13 pros. But maybe they also have this iPhone 13 draw wiith PM. 

I completely agree with this, it doesn't help that they can't even give you proper odds because you have no idea of how many entrants there are and if the pool goes beyond PM, they say that but who knows??

lol well I think I can safely assume that most PM customers don't have 91862 different accounts/lines with PM. Nor do they have all the rewards that you receive with loyalty, etc. Soooo if they have one account/one line and just an autopay and maybe 1 or 2 referrals and get 1 or 2 off with community rewards....and then they go and win a phone by betting a few points that is worth over a grand.....it would take several years even at max loyalty for them to equal the value of that phone....so I stand by my point 🤷‍♂️

BeachNBeer

When is the draw anyways? April 1st?? Is there still time to enter it?.. I may just activate a points plan for a month for the fun of it.

BeachNBeer

@computergeek541  Agreed!.. 

Or for instance (I'm not sure not on points system) if you could simply buy points for contests. Considering points system only started Jan 25th. This first contest (I think probably wrong) but sure I read  they're giving away 3 iPhone 13s not just one. Then there can't be that many people at this time on the points system. It's not like everyone was switched and everyone is playing the contest as it's like two months now that point system came out. 

If buying points was allowed I'd probably activate one of my spare sims and Gamble $200 in points for an iPhone. Considering odds are probably much better now then they would be in a few months time. 

@JL9 wrote:

I think you answered your own question. Only way I would recommend it is if you really want to win prizes. I mean even if you won just one brand new iPhone.. Then yes the new points would blow the old one out of the water.. But being that lucky would be very unlikely. 

Yes, winning would be great for the winners, but with contests/draws/lotteries, the averages say that you are far better off not to participate. I can't recommend any do this unless Public Mobile provides some type of odds.  For example, if the odds are 1 in 10K, it wouldn't be a wise decision to enter.

BeachNBeer

@JL9  Would have to disagree with the iPhone comment about if you win one it would blow old rewards out of the water.

One of my accounts on PM hasn't paid a bill in over 3 years another one is down to $6 per 30 days but with referral promotions and posting on forums haven't paid a bill in almost 2 years and I need to earn $9 more to make this entire year free. 

My 3rd account which is on a $25 plan is currently down to $13. 

My 4th is on a $15  plan that is down to $8

My 5th which has been completely untouched for a few years has all the holiday gifts for last few years is down to $7.

So in my opinion. I would have to say winning an iPhone 13 on new points system does not outway the old reward system. Then again I have Koodo accounts also for many years and a quick phone call to their loyalty department they also give amazing deals for phones and plans that are not advertised. So I just keep getting phones from them and putting a PM sim in them.

To each their own I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I think you answered your own question. Only way I would recommend it is if you really want to win prizes. I mean even if you won just one brand new iPhone.. Then yes the new points would blow the old one out of the water.. But being that lucky would be very unlikely. 

BeachNBeer

@Jesse6 If you want to pay full price for your plan by all means move to points for a chance to do some gambling win a shiny iPhone 🤣

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jesse6 

There is no point....in moving to the points program unless you plan on leaving public mobile and want to cash out your loyalty on a couple of discounted redemption add one. Otherwise it's a lose, lose situation resulting in you paying more for your monthly plan amount. Stick with rewards.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Spudster

Simply put, @Jesse6 , no.

Unless you're on a $40+ plan, and you really like to purchase add-ons (such as Roaming) and participate in contests, you will receive less rewards on the new Public Points plan.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jesse6   Not worty to go with Public Points.   Most of us stay

here is my summary why the old one is better

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less for sure if you have plans less than $40 (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

Need Help? Let's chat.