cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile

Vab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How many people out there hate public mobile like I do. I bought 2 preowned phones and received 3 malfunctioning phones and 1 working phone. I wish I had a land line. I can’t be without a phone for a week and a half again. I live alone and need to be able to communicate. I’m going to have to have a battery installed into my $500 iphone at my expense. I’m going to find another carrier and look forward to paying more for better service

27 REPLIES 27

@crustylady wrote:

@Anonymous 

Didn't notice that @esjliv beat ya to that punch, eh?

@crustylady  if not reading what others are posting beforehand why not add clutter to the mix. 🙄

@Vab   can you tell us in details the whole story?

Did you actually buy 3 phones from PM or just 2 and then got an replacement phones?  

And would you consider using a landline since you need something reliable?  It is always good to have a landline + Mobile for 99.9% uptime

Vab

No

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Vab wrote:

It’s not a network problem , it’s product (preowned phone) and service problem

Then why change carrier? Get to the crux of your issues and deal with it. 

just wondering why OP not at least get a land line... seems like money is not an issue as he said "I’m going to find another carrier and look forward to paying more for better service" ..

@Vab   you would a phone that works 100%.. nothing beat a landline.. not 100% uptime, but maybe 99%

Vab

Public Mobile

@Vab wrote:

They keep selling me damaged equipment

At this point.....who is the seller?

still puzzle what the whole situation is .. sound to me that OP bought a good phone but got stolen... then bought a 2nd one but keep haven't issue.  OP said bought 3 phone.. i think he probably just bought 2 phones, 1 one stolen, 2nd one broken.. got replaced with the 3rd phone.. Let's hope I got the puzzle together. 

@Vab wrote:

Then why change carrier? Get to the crux of your issues and deal with it. 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hate is pretty strong word, @Vab 

Why would a $500 iPhone need a new battery?

That can happen. 

Possible OP is complaining the battery from his CPO phone from PM .. he is upset he needs to pay to replace the battery.

@Vab   if it is the battery issue, has it been 1 year yet ?  maybe you can open a service ticket.

@HALIMACS wrote:

That can happen. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Vab wrote:

How many people out there hate public mobile like I do.

I cannot support your statement. I say PM is the best prepaid phone option. 

I bought 2 preowned phones and received 3 malfunctioning phones and 1 working phone.

Who did you buy them from? Buy 2 and received 4? 

I wish I had a land line.

I am beginning to think that is old school.....but I do still have and it is powered by PM. 

I can’t be without a phone for a week and a half again.

I agree....it is a necessity. 

I live alone and need to be able to communicate.

I agree....it is a necessity. 

I’m going to have to have a battery installed into my $500 iphone at my expense  

What kind of phone is it? So you are not really without a phone as likely the one that needs a battery will work if on charge...but inconvenient until you get things sorted out. 

I’m going to find another carrier and look forward to paying more for better service

So PM is to blame because your phones don’t work and find a more expensive carrier? 

When your OP is broken down, it absolutely makes no sense. Does it to you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vab 

you purchase Certified Pre-Owned phones are refurbished phones that are tested,
you didn't purchase brand new phone!

if you like to do some troubleshoot
like Factory Reset, and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

Tested not like it Returns & Exchanges You can shop with confidence as we offer a 30-day Money Back Guarantee for all Certified Pre-Owned phones; if you are not happy with your purchase, initiate the process following the steps in this help article for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.Please note that at this time, we are only able to exchange a faulty device for the same model while supplies last; otherwise, you will be refunded. If you wish to exchange your device for a different model, you must first return the item for a refund and place a new order for a different device when the one you’d like becomes available.For more information about our Warranty, Returns or Repair policies for Certified Pre-Owned Phones, please see our help article.

@Vab wrote:

They don't want to.  It is Pre-owned equipment, sometimes, it's hard to tell.   They tested it, but sometimes electronics will just die.   They have a one year warranty, as good as new phone warranty, open ticket with PM and they will arrange fixing or replacement.

With your luck of CPO phones, maybe you should buy a new phone and you might have better experience.  

@Vab 

Then why do you keep on buying it?

Vab

Vab

It has nothing to do with the network

Vab

@Vab wrote:

I just got them and I can’t be without a phone for a week and a half again , I live alone and I need a phone

if it is because of  network issue that make you decide to  move away from PM, maybe you should avoid Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin/Lucky as well as they share their network.  It could be the same network issue. 

However, given that Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin have VoLTE and Wifi Calling, you might have better experience using those instead of straight 3G on voice calls

Vab

What ?

Vab

I just got them and I can’t be without a phone for a week and a half again , I live alone and I need a phone

Moved:

crustylady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous 

Didn't notice that @esjliv beat ya to that punch, eh?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vab 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Return phone ,, Contact Us ,, 
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,
  • Return phone

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Vab wrote:

How many people out there hate public mobile like I do. I bought 2 preowned phones and received 3 malfunctioning phones and 1 working phone. I wish I had a land line. I can’t be without a phone for a week and a half again. I live alone and need to be able to communicate. I’m going to have to have a battery installed into my $500 iphone at my expense. I’m going to find another carrier and look forward to paying more for better service

@Vab  - how long ago did you buy them...return if it you don't like it...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Vab

I’ll try it , thanks , (I’m guessing , but is it your mission in life to try and battle phone company evil?)

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Vab  While you sort out your phone issues with Public Mobile. Download the Textnow app onto your phone. You will get a Canadian number in your area, has caller id, voicemail and it will allow you to make and receive FREE calls over wifi and data to Canada and USA numbers. You can also text.

Need Help? Let's chat.