cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile iPhone Jackpot

HappyEmu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm wondering how the jackpot works, I got an email about it and the like takes me to the rewards program so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to enter. Is it just an automatic enrollment with the program or is there some way I'm supposed to sign up?

12 REPLIES 12

paprika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

‏‏‎ ‎

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

The odds of winning are based on the total amount of entrants into the lucky draw divided by 3. So using some rough numbers and speculation.....there have been approximately 12,000 community accounts created since January 25th. Since there have been numerous systematic issues since then lets estimate half of them are new customers or "tricked" customers now on the points program. 6000 customers of which 10% are aware of the lucky draw and are risk takers that like to gamble on occasion = 600 draw entries ÷ 3×iPhone 13 =1/200 chance of winning the lucky draw. Those are good odds!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If you received an email yesterday.....it was intended for those that are on the "Points" program. I you are on the old "rewards" program...you can't do it unless you change over. It was an unfair enticement especially for more senior or challenged (unaware) customers. 

If you are a Telus customer (TV Internet) you can do same on their points program. 

No matter what...I would ask what the odds of winning are!!!

And there are some deniers saying it was never offered. 

paprika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

‏‏‎ ‎

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BeachNBeer 

No I paid for it fair and square when it went on sale....comes with a free SIM card too!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious  You won one of those paper weights and PM charged you discounted shipping?? 🤣

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BeachNBeer 

I paid a hard earned $1.28 for the bf's new phone!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HappyEmu 

Welcome to the community!

If you are a new customer then sure why not spend a point or two on the lucky draw?!! The points program has been in place for exactly two months. How many customers will have entered? Probably not that many because pm has sent out a mass email to every customer regardless of the loyalty program they are on....they may even confuse a few more "rewards" customers into joining the points program in order to win a new iPhone 13. These are probably the best odds to win.

But is a slightly better chance of winning a phone worth around a guaranteed $70 of hassle free rewards a year after year 5? I'm in it for the long run and it's already paying dividends. So if you have the choice of staying in the rewards program I would keep that choice because once you are in the points program your only choice is do you redeem a point to enter the lucky draw or not? Do you feel lucky?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@HappyEmu 

If you are on the Points system, you will need to redeem 1 point/entry.

Good luck!

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HappyEmu and to continue of what @softech  wrote. If you're on old Rewards program before Jan 25 2022 where you get discounts such as $2 auto-pay,etc. You cannot gamble your funds to attempt to with a phone unless you give up your old Rewards and switch to the points system and you'll never be able to switch back to old reward. So you would have to decide if savings every 30 days on your bill outways gambling for an iPhone.

Don't worry Public Mobile did not forget about us on the old Rewards program. They we so graciously nice and had a contest recently to win a wonderful ancient flip phone. 🤣🤣 Maybe there will be more in the future who knows lol.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, you can only enter it if you are in the new program. So if you enrolled after Jan.25th or you opted into the new program (Which means you lose the old rewards program for life). If you have done either of those things it is pretty easy to navigate from the rewards page, you can enter it with a click of the button from the catalogue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@HappyEmu   If you are new PM customer  joined after Jan 25 then you have automatically enrolled  the new Public Point reward program.  

If you want to join the Jackpot or check the Reward catalogue, simply login to My Rewards site (https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards) , using the same credentials as you login to your Self Serve My Account.

The catalogue page would have the details for the iPhone jackpot:

MyRew-Redeem-Half.jpg 

Need Help? Let's chat.