cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile here. Sorry, we do not offer text messaging outside of Canada at this time.

PMcNamara16
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I keep getting the message "Public Mobile here. Sorry, we do not offer text messaging outside of Canada at this time" after I send a text message. Anyone know why??

6 REPLIES 6

@asdfasijaosin,

I think you will need to message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team

to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

asdfasijaosin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm getting this issue as well now that I'm temporarily using another phone (sending my main phone for repair of its screen).

What can I do to stop getting spamming by 611? I am texting within canada.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @terence

I hope you're doing well this morning!

I'm sorry you keep getting this text message when you send a text. Could you send me your phone number and your phone make and model through a private message? I will help you out! 

Thank you 🙂

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@terence This is typically caused by iMessage on an iPhone trying to send a text message to a server outside of Canada.  If you have a plan that includes only Canada-wide texting, you could consider moving to one of the new plans with a global texting option instead, but that may not be what you want to do.  I beleive there is a workaround that our community moderators (e.g. @Saray_O) can do for you in their system also.  Did you happen to look at the threads that @7789849803 linked?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

terence
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What exactly is the resolution to this issue?  That "hopefully" it resolves itself in a few days?

I read through most of the posts but it seems to describe what is causing the issue (trying to text outside of Canada), but not what I should do to fix it.

Sorry in advance if I missed it.  If someone could copy/paste the solution to this thread, that would be appreciated.

Need Help? Let's chat.