cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Account Not Working

Marte0309
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I have been with public for years. I recently traveled outside Canada for a couple of months but was still supposed to be in Autopay so I wouldn't lose my number. I am back now but my SIM doesn't seem to work. I try to log into the account online but it keeps bringing me back to the home page as if I hadn't logged in or it just doesn't let me see my account or anything. Can someone please help me? I don't want to lose my number. 

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Marte0309 

to hear the current status of your account, dial 611 with your cell. You should hear info about your current plan and when payment is due. If there's no such number...well...that means your old account has been deactivated due to non-pay for 90 days after last renewal expired. You'd need a new sim to start a new account...but esims are free for new accounts right now.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Marte0309 

If you are on AutoPay, you should be OK.

Remove the local SIM if you still have it in your phone and reseat the PM SIM and reboot your phone by powering off then back on.

If that didn’t work, contact a CS_Agent by clicking on the Chat bubble and type in Submit a Ticket for an agent to investigate your issue.

@Marte0309 , try using incognito mode on the browser.  Check your payment card history to make sure that regular payments were going through.

@Marte0309 

Was your credit card charged while you were away?  If you account was suspended more than 90 days, your PM account will be permanently closed and number lost. 

The website does have caching issues.  Try to login in again but first clear cache, incognito mode or a different web browser.  Or try the PM app.  

Need Help? Let's chat.