cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion plan inconsistency and changing to old phone number

brijkarmur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a couple issues since I recently activated my SIM.

I activated my SIM card before November 20th during the promotion period and I chose the plan with unlimited text and talk, and 12GB data. However, I only see 6GB on my account now even though I have the $120 plan.  

I activated my SIM with a new number but I want to change that to my previous phone number. I tried going into my account and changing my number but I get the following message: "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

xckm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the same situation as you and looking for a solution from Public Mobile as well.. 

Diabogyo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Mary_M Just wondering. This gets pretty much immediate attention while other issues have been outstanding for weeks??? How are things picked as to priority? I'd like my friends with Rogers phones to call me but they haven't been able to do so since... well the first day I signed up.... Back on Nov 2 or so. Hmmmm. Credit for services NOT rendered?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon @brijkarmur,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your patience!

I have received your private message, and I'm currently looking into it. I will be replying to you shortly 🙂

Best regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

First, to get the promo plan you will need to send a private message to any moderator with your phone number explaining the situation. It will likely be a week before you have a response.

Second, you mean transfer a number from your previous carrier, pay attention to these "tricks" for doing that:

- if coming from Koodo do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.